Comprehensive software reviews to make better IT decisions
FPT akaBot Positions Itself as a Notable RPA Competitor
Robotic process automation (RPA) became a forefront initiative for many organizations looking to streamline and automate business operations within their digital transformation journey. While it is broadly advertised that RPA can bring significant opportunities to improve business productivity across multiple business functions in a continuously changing environment, the effort to implement the right RPA practice and governance with the organization can be off-putting. The entire organization must change how it works and operates to see the full benefits of RPA. See our Build Your First RPA Bot blueprint for more information. Choosing the right vendor to enable RPA and train your team is critical.
It is hard to deny the preference for the big players in the RPA space: Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism, and UiPath. However, their pricing, bulkiness, or overall position in the marketplace may steer you towards other notable vendors in this space, such as FPT akaBot. akaBot is a comprehensive RPA solution that helps organizations adopt the most appropriate approach for RPA whether they require:
- Full, all-in-one RPA solutions and services, which includes 24/7 maintenance and operations support, training, and implementation assistance.
- Mini solutions, which are templated, and out-of-the-box offerings that assist targeted business functions (e.g. HR, IT) or specific industries.
- AI and optical character recognition (OCR) solutions, which take advantage of AI technology to extend the capabilities of traditionally scripted RPA bots.
Source: akaBot at SoftwareReviews, Accessed September 21, 2020
The akaBot solution is composed of three key components to support your RPA initiative:
- akaBot Studio – Collaboratively develop and share automation workflows using a no code and intuitive GUI.
- akaBot Center – Initialize, schedule, monitor and log, and deploy RPA resources and bots in your desired environment.
- akaBot Agent – This is the live bot implementing the automation processes built from akaBot Studio.
Also, FPT’s akaBot Vision can support an organization’s push to becoming more digital by transforming structured and unstructured documents into usable data that bots and the broader organization can leverage. This product leverages cognitive capture, deep learning, and natural language processing technology.
akaBot is an interesting player in the growing and maturing RPA space. While its customer stronghold is in Asia, significant strides are being made to make its presence known across the globe. This includes expanding reseller and OEM partnerships, and further differentiating its products with an integrated and loosely coupled ecosystem (e.g. BPMS integration, customizable REST API) and technology trends (e.g. AI, chatbots, OCR, HyperAutomation). We have yet to see how akaBot will continue to compete in this highly competitive market.
Source: Robotic Process Automation Data Quadrant at SoftwareReviews, Accessed September 21, 2020
Want to Know More?
- Learn and make the case for RPA with Info-Tech’s Automate Work Faster and More Easily With Robotic Process Automation blueprint.
- Get off to the right foot with RPA by selecting the processes and building the appropriate governance structure with our Build Your First RPA Bot blueprint.
While Microsoft is not a prominent player in the RPA space now with its Power Automate solution, compared to Blue Prism, UiPath, and Automate Anywhere, its latest acquisition of Softomotive, maker of WinAutomation, demonstrates Microsoft’s dedication to mature and expand its RPA offerings.
Reeling from the pandemic response executed by governments all the over world, companies are accelerating their implementation of low-cost automation. That bodes well for UiPath – a leader in RPA aiming to go public this year.
RPA projects fail more often than one would expect. The ease with which RPA tools allow workflows to get designed and implemented makes it easy to avoid building a strong foundation for the work being done.
A study published in Harvard Business Review stated that when confronted with many choices, people end up buying nothing. The cognitive overload makes it hard for them to make the right choice and what’s better than money spent on an uneducated decision? Money kept in pocket to avoid spending it on one.
Robotic process automation (RPA) success is dependent on the right business processes to automate. Blueprint helps identify the right places to apply RPA with its Enterprise Automation Suite.
Ayehu announced that it will be collaborating with Automation Anywhere, a robotic process automation (RPA) solution provider. This collaboration is a complementary marriage of opposites with the potential to benefit both vendors.
Appian, a prominent low-code development vendor, announced the acquisition of Novayre Solutions SL, developer of the Jidoka RPA platform. This acquisition bolsters its image as a viable vendor to empower the business with development capabilities.