Comprehensive software reviews to make better IT decisions
Docebo Releases Its eLearning Trends for 2019 Whitepaper
Docebo Learning Platform has released its Top Trends for eLearning in 2019. While these types of vendor-led research reports align their trends to their product, they can provide some insight into the landscape and what features the vendor will be focusing on in the coming year.
The trends identified in the report are:
- Re-Think the Traditional LMS – This trend refers to LMS platforms that offer personalized and automated learning options. It is linked to shifting users from passive training to active learning.
- Social Learning – This trend is heavily linked to Docebo’s Coach & Share offering. It is true that organizations support internal user-generated content along with sharing it via social platforms. Collaboration and social interactions lead to impactful learning which means better results, so the sentiment behind the trend is correct.
- Skills Management – Info-Tech often refers to the fact we are in a VUCA period – a time of high and fast change. This change is felt by organizations in the form of skills gaps as technology and business needs change frequently. It is unrealistic to only recruit for skill gaps; it is a better business practice to use strategic foresight to train your current staff in the hard and soft skills necessary for the business’ success.
- Mobile Learning – Generation Z is coming into the workplace expecting mobile learning experiences and, across generations, people are reaching for their phones to learn. Being able to access learning via mobile is a feature that organizations should have on their LMS roadmap, if they don’t currently offer it.
- Generation Z – As Generation Z sets to make up 20% of the workforce by 2020, this is a talent trend that will affect organizations on all levels. To engage them, they want a clear career path, and a learning and development plan.
- Artificial Intelligence – Many LXP systems use artificial intelligence to offer individualized course selection and create micro-courses from existing content. Artificial intelligence will be a feature to watch, as it will enable personalized learning for every employee based on their interests, career goals, and learning styles.
Some of these trends extend beyond the LMS platform and into talent and technology trends. However, your learning and development programs must support your employees, so talent trends and preferences along with innovations in technology should be considered as you develop training materials.
You can read the full report here.
LMS platforms are subject to the same VUCA world as the rest of us. These trends extend beyond the LMS platform and into talent and technology trends that Info-Tech has been following and researching. Your learning and development programs must support your employees, so talent trends and learning preferences along with innovations in technology should be considered as you develop training materials to extend their lifecycle.
Want to Know More?
Custom application development is a strategic differentiator in the digital economy. Organizations need to make good decisions on how to insource or outsource that development or they risk bad software … and worse results.
This note highlights the top three trends to watch for in the 2022 UCaaS marketspace: AR/VR digital workspaces will see sustained investment; UCaaS and customer experience management technologies will continue to blend; and speech functionality will become more sophisticated through AI-driven technology.
Enterprise Connect is North America’s premier conference for advances in communications, collaboration, and customer experience technologies. In this note, Thomas Randall provides his trends and keynote highlights for Enterprise Connect 2021, held September 27 to 29.
On October 6, 2021, Front briefed Info-Tech on their latest product functionality and roadmap, alongside their growth in the EMEA region. Front – a unified customer experience platform provider – offers a centralized communications hub that enables the fluid interchange of information for both internal and external communications.
On October 8, 2021, BlueJeans by Verizon announced their “Next-Generation BlueJeans” suite and partnership with Google Glass. The Next-Generation suite ties BlueJeans Meetings to two new products: BlueJeans Spaces and BlueJeans Collab Board.
Vijay Sundaram, Chief Strategy Officer at Zoho, describes a major release of new apps and services focused on enabling hybrid work.
Automation is not a silver bullet solution to your workforce productivity challenges. Optimization and automation (optimation) must be used together to remove root cause inefficiencies and best use the features and capabilities of your automation solutions.
At its fifth annual Zoomtopia conference, Zoom announced a wide range of innovations and upcoming products, including feature improvements for Zoom’s core videoconferencing platform; expansions for Zoom Phone and Zoom Events; and the introduction of Zoom’s Video Engagement Center.
Five9’s CX Summit for 2021 hosted events and interactive sessions that explored best practices for using Five9 as well as an outline of Five9’s roadmap for the coming year. Of special focus was Five9’s projected investments in voice technologies for the contact center.