Comprehensive software reviews to make better IT decisions
Autodesk Wants to Help Make the Roadmap to the Future of British Manufacturing
Autodesk, Inc. continues to expand its offerings beyond CAD tools. Working with British manufacturers, the vendor created a digital transformation roadmap to help identify and implement technologies to achieve five key capabilities:
- Mass production
- Smart services
- Flexible manufacturing
- Customer experience
This initiative is all about collaboration between industry leaders that will help your business identify areas of improvement and the corresponding technologies that can help. There are five basic steps:
- You get a digital strategy template that will help you identify areas of your business that could benefit from the implementation of new technology.
- An assessment or questionnaire provides you with a personalized report about the status of your business in relation to those future technologies.
- The option to set up a manufacturing discovery meeting with experts to discuss the specifics of those findings.
- Once potential technologies are identified, you will have the opportunity to demo it onsite.
- You will connect with other manufacturers in your situation and/or experts in the field that can help you achieve your transformation goals.
Source: SoftwareReviews, Accessed August 23, 2019
Autodesk is following a path already trodden by other software vendors, and for good reason. Software as a differentiator alone is no longer enough. The path to innovation requires tools, processes and a different way of thinking. This is another example of Autodesk’s partnerships with industry leaders to continue supporting digital innovation.
Want to Know More?
Autodesk 3ds Max 2020.2 was released Aug. 28 and incorporates some very appealing features, including new capabilities for different file formats.
Autodesk realizes the value of expanding its offering beyond software with the introduction of its Innovation Workshops as part of its journey to become a service- oriented organization.
With Dassault Systèmes SOLIDWORKS you can increase productivity and reduce electrical design time by integrating your electrical and mechanical designs as part of the same model.
What was a utopian dream a few years ago is now a reality: fully cloud-enabled CAD, from OnShape.
Autodesk releases the newest version of the popular 3ds Max.
Ottawa-based Corel Corp. acquired by KKR & Co. Inc,
Generative design challenges old approaches by using an evolutionary process that iterates while maintaining some basic constraints to achieve thousands of possible alternative designs.
Autodesk Forge is a very powerful toolkit that allows integration of CAD data in a cloud environment.
The social element included in Dassault Systèmes 3DEXPERIENCE adds another dimension to the concept/design process.