Our security practice helps you take your business to all new levels of capabilities by creating a nimble, flexible and elastic security model based on your business' DNA.
Understand how your security posture impacts business capabilities
Learn how to view your critical business operations and revenue streams and how to use security to drive those operations to new levels of growth.
Create a security model that protects and enhances your business
Proactively drive your business plans with state of the art security techniques to protect and enhance your business model.
Manage security investments to the DNA of the business
Create a security model that flows with the business and grows with the technology that the business uses to grow.
Security Key Initiative Plan
Complete each step in our security roadmap using our world class research and advisory services with the option to accelerate the process with workshop & consulting options.
Diagnose Security Issues
Despite all the security related headlines in the news over the past few years, 94% of companies have experienced data breaches due to being stuck in reactive mode operations.
- Perform a diagnostic on your current security functions to assess areas of maturity
- Perform a penetration test of critical systems and perimeter operations
- Assess known areas of security weakness for mitigation effectiveness
- Gaining knowledge of current state of security operations
- Gaining an understanding of primary areas to start assessment for improvement
Build Your Security Strategy
>93% of companies are still in reactive mode when handling security issues. Elevate your security operations out of reactive “block and tackle” models and become a proactive juggernaut.
- Assess your security requirements based on business critical operations and areas of focus
- Perform a gap analysis to align to future state based on business plans Develop strategic/tactical deployment plans
- Create a security strategy that will expand and grow with your business
- Ensure that the security strategy will be nimble, elastic, and flexible to allow for future growth and technology adoption
Establish a Policy and Audit Framework
Many companies still use regulatory governance as their policy control rather than using their business’ DNA to create policy. Make policy work for you to enhance your company’s security posture.
- Align your security policy with business imperatives, assess and prioritize policies
- Develop a fundamental policy suite that covers all functional areas
- Develop a procedural policy suite
- A properly designed policy suite acts as guides your business’ security controls, methods and standards
- Create a policy suite that is properly aligned to business objectives
Create a Governance Plan
Untested security programs have been a primary cause of corporate data loss. Without the proper governance models in place, even comprehensive security controls can lead to chaotic breach situations.
- Introduce governance and management while documenting current issues
- Assess desired operational state and generate initiatives to achieve optimal model
- Improve governance and management functions
- Optimization of security governance and management leads to proactive security ops
- Security incident response is vastly improved with optimized governance
Establish Mitigation Effectiveness Control
The IT technology landscape evolves every 3 years on average, and security controls will inevitably become obsolete over time. Being able to measure mitigation effectiveness over time will lead to proactive security excellence.
- Define and update your operational threat models
- Review current mitigations to ensure that they are still optimally effective in the current business models
- Retire ineffective mitigations to save money and invest in high risk areas
- Obsolete or ineffective security controls can be repurposed or removed
- Mitigation effectiveness modeling can ensure that the proper amount of security efforts are being deployed
Build Your Metrics Program
The vast amount of security systems generates many security metrics and analysis systems can only be as effective as the information that is supplied to them. Designing a strong metrics program is critical to achieve Intelligence.
- Identify the critical metrics that lead to proactive and predictive security
- Prioritize metrics to create a strategic roadmap to effective management of resources
- Understand tools that can control metrics for your business
- Raw, unverified data is transformed into verified, actionable intelligence
- Intelligence leads to faster reaction times and optimal proactive security operations
Define Process Flows & Communications
Many security breaches in 2015 were caused by new IT initiatives being put in production without security controls in place. Only proper communications can ensure that new solutions are deployed securely by default.
- Define critical stakeholders and action owners for security operations
- Establish proper communications between Security, IT, and the Business
- Create a repetitive and repeatable process flow to ensure optimal security operations
- Remove tactical distractions and minutia to make security a business enabler.
- Stay in line with the business leaders to make security a proactive deployment toolset
Adopt Human Centric Security Development
In 2015, the #1 method of initial penetration by hackers was social engineering against humans. The best technology cannot prevent untrained humans from mistakenly providing hackers with critical access information.
- Assess and understand the human roles within a company and the threat models they define
- Assess and plan an educational model to establish a “culture of security”
- Define a training and testing model to make security part of regular work
- Training personnel in proper security awareness reduces attack surfaces
- When people see security as part of the culture, security becomes a proactive protection environment
Optimize Your Security Budget
For years, security operations have been improperly seen as a pure cost center, or as a pre-set percentage of the IT budget. Security needs to align to business modeling to be truly effective. Help your C-Suite and Board of Directors see the value of security ops.
- Assess costs and headcount against your mitigation effectiveness analysis
- Understand when to deprecate older, less effective security solutions
- Create a strategic security solution evolution model to divest or invest in alignment with business evolution
- Effectively show leadership that security is not just a cost center
- Business objectives can be aligned to risk models and proper security expenditures