The rapid advancement of information technology is changing the infrastructure and operations role in the organization. Our best practice research provides a systematic approach to moving from a supporter, to an enabler, to a strategic partner with the business.
Develop an Infrastructure Roadmap that aligns with the business
Engage the business in the roadmapping exercise to ensure alignment with the needs of the organization. Understand that this is not a "technology only" exercise - people and process are critical to an executable roadmap.
Modernize infrastructure to keep pace with the demands of the business
Learn how infrastructure modernization initiatives can help keep pace with the increasingly daunting demands of the business. Expectations are high and Infrastructure & Operations professionals are critical to meeting those expectations.
Optimize operational and service processes to drive efficiency and effectiveness
Understand that well-documented, repeatable processes are the key to successful operations and service. Focus on optimizing processes, then align people and technology to optimize efficiency and effectiveness.
Infrastructure Key Initiative Plan
Utilize our infrastructure roadmap to drive process maturity & sustainable IT Infrastructure. Complete each step using our world class research and advisory services with the option to accelerate the process with workshop & consulting options.
Assess End User Satisfaction
Use data-driven insights to thoroughly understand end-user sentiment toward IT services and software.
- Easily canvas your user base with our comprehensive diagnostic tools
- Leverage our analysts to help evaluate your results and assess your core IT service capabilities
- Create initiatives to improve dissatisfactory services
- Provide Targeted Department Feedback
- Increase End User Satisfaction with IT services
Optimize Your Service Desk
Increase End User Satisfaction by providing timely and effective responses to user requests and resolutions of all incidents.
- Assess and align your service desk processes using best practices
- Standardize and optimize ticket handling, incident management, and service request fulfillment
- Optimize knowledge sharing, tools and workflows
- Radically improve first call resolution rates
- Eliminate the number one reason for end user dissatisfaction
Exploit Disruptive Technology
New technology will disrupt IT infrastructure, putting your role and your company at risk. Develop a simple process that prepares for emerging technology before it’s too late.
- Create your futurist’s working group to create a repeatable exploitation process
- Cut through the hype to focus on technology suitable to your organization’s context.
- Create an exploitation action plan
- An annual process to cure "airline magazine syndrome."
- Avoid the hype; focus on how tech will disrupt your organization
Assess your Core Infrastructure
Our comprehensive diagnostic exposes weaknesses in your infrastructure service canon and lays a foundation for your infrastructure roadmap
- Assess your core infrastructure services
- Our analysts will help you decide which services and programs you need to address
- Create an action plan to address your weakest areas
- Pinpoint key service areas
- Identify and address lagging service delivery mechanisms
Build your Infrastructure Roadmap
Keep agility and stability in focus while planning and communicating the future of your Infrastructure practice
- Establish an annual and living process for communicating the direction of your team
- Evaluate roadmap drivers, enablers, and inhibitors
- Build and update the infrastructure roadmap
- Clear, goal-oriented projects, plans and initiatives that drive IT agility and stability
- IT investments aligned with business initiatives and stakeholder expectations
Create an Effective Disaster Recovery Plan
Stop just satisfying auditors, and start actually protecting the business
- Set appropriate recovery timeline targets based on business impact
- Identify the gap between achievable and desirable recovery capabilities
- Create the DR project action plan
- A realistic and practical approach to documenting your DRP
- Reduced downtime and data loss
Extend the Service Desk
Leverage your biggest strength by applying your service management expertise to other corporate processes
- Target non-IT business processes that could benefit from service improvements
- Re-design the business process based on service desk best practices
- Build the service roadmap and communication plan
- Position IT as an operational if not strategic innovator
- Service desk process re-use and efficiencies
Optimize Operations Management
Take IT service efficiency to the next level through rigorous SLA management, effective prioritization and continuous improvement
- Assess the maturity of your current operations
- Review, validate, and revise SLAs to support ongoing business needs
- Develop and implement the operations management roadmap
- Increase the level of efficiency within each of the functional areas of IT operations management
- Lower cost, more effective and measured IT processes
Build a Business Continuity Plan
Since 9/11, over 1/3 of all BCP initiatives are driven by regulatory compliance: the other 2/3 are already doing what’s right for the business!
- Identify business processes and dependencies and establish current, target and achievable RPO/RTOs
- Close the gaps with an Incident Response Plan
- Align your BCP and DRP
- Transfer the responsibility for business continuity to the business
- Achieve alignment between your IT DRP and overall BCP