Approach EA as a strategic planning discipline to help your organization achieve its objectives and to prepare proactively for change.
Connect strategy to execution with business architecture
We take a business-driven approach to EA by using business architecture techniques which connect strategy to execution in a manner that is accurate, traceable, and promotes the efficient use of organizational resources.
Define a value-focused EA governance model
We can help you roll out a right-sized approach to EA governance that provides guidance and support, and is not perceived as an internal police department.
Communicate the value of Enterprise Architecture
Our approach helps you communicate the value of EA by identifying business-relevant metrics and market EA’s contribution with impactful value statements.
Enterprise Architecture Key Initiative Plan
Utilize our roadmap to mature your EA capabilities and structure. Complete each step using our world class research and advisory services with the option to accelerate the process with workshop & consulting options.
Assess & Optimize Your EA Capabilities
Enjoy a 30% end-user computing cost savings coupled with enhanced business satisfaction & integration.
- Assess & optimize or develop your EA Operating Model
- Standardize EA tools
- Accelerate the development of EA Program Policies, Procedures, Measures and Communications Plan
- Increase your IT’s ability to provide consistent services on demand
- Bridge the gap between business & IT and create a shared enterprise vision
Adopt 10 Universal EA Principles
The 80% large project failure rate can be dramatically reduced by having concise system solution guidelines articulated.
- Secure a mandate to develop your EA foundation
- Define the key EA principle guidelines
- Accelerate your EA principle definition
- Operationalize your EA principles
- Align your organization on a consistent company-wide understanding of IT’s approach and structures to deliver business value
Build Your Service Management Roadmap
Avoid being one of the 66% who fail by trying to deliver advanced IT services without building a strong foundation of valuable services.
- Assess your current IT delivery maturity state
- Identify your key areas of improvement needs
- Build a customized Service Management roadmap
- Set out the steps to success
- Assess your maturity level so you know what to build, how and when
- Secure stakeholder alignment on the need and value of the foundation
Develop Your EA Vision
Achieve a 20% uplift in enterprise project success by gaining stakeholder support through a clear EA vision.
- Assess core business needs and context factors
- Envision the target state
- Assess enterprise capabilities to execute on the vision
- Secure stakeholder engagement
- Articulate your EA Solution Vision
- Assess your IT team’s capabilities
- Gain stakeholder support
Bridge IT & the Business with Architecture
Gain a 30% project effectiveness by clearing articulating business process needs and goals.
- Engage stakeholders through communications and analysis
- Model the target state and the transition to it
- Drive to the solution through gap analysis and impact analysis
- Enhanced clarity of the target state through consistent graphical models
- Ensure effective complete solutions through engaged stakeholder involvement
Build a User Facing Service Catalogue
Dramatically improve user’s adoption of IT services and thus their efficiencies by building a user-facing service catalogue.
- Identify and categorize the IT services in a user-centric way
- Define high level service levels groups to guide users adoptions
- Clear articulation of the depth and breadth of IT Services
- Provide clarity around service levels and to contact
Adopt Service Portfolio Management
Just as you manage and adjust investments, build a balanced portfolio of your IT services that allows you to plan and roll-out your initiatives.
- Inventory your current & planned IT services and IT Strategy
- Assess future business needs and external business trends
- Build your agile service enhancement plan
- Have a holistic view of your current portfolio that can anticipate business and market changes
- Adapt to drive improved business value
Create Service Metrics that Meet Business Needs
92% of IT leaders feel IT falls short on demonstrating their business value.
- Identify unmet goals and requirements
- Define metrics in business terms
- Define IT Services into IT Metrics
- Define metric collection tools and processes
- Articulate IT services in business terms
- User facing metrics for improved business buy-in and engagement
Establish EA Governance
Companies can’t realize the benefits of Enterprise Architecture without balancing the need for controls with the desire for business engagement and use.
- Develop stakeholder engagement model
- Identify the EA domain coverage and degree of compliance
- Develop your specific Architectural Standards
- Clear responsibility map and goals
- Balanced view of EA compliance requirements
- Aligned goals and expectations