Our IT Strategy practice will help you transform from an order taker to a business leader by enhancing the value of IT to the business.
Develop an IT Strategy that Delivers Business Value
IT strategies that only discuss technology are too full of technical jargon to be meaningful to the business. Instead, we will help you develop an IT strategy that communicates and delivers business value.
Maximize Your IT Dollars
IT is often one of the most expensive cost centers in your business, and is often the first place CFO's look to cut costs. Learn to understand exactly where your money is going and how to show the value it delivers to the business.
Become a True Leader of the Business
Being good at managing technology is not enough to make you a good leader of IT and within the broader business. Discover your strengths and areas for improvement so that you can effectively lead your team to execute on your IT strategy.
IT Strategy Key Initiative Plan
Utilize our strategy & leadership roadmap. Complete each step using our world class research and advisory services with the option to accelerate the process with workshop & consulting options.
Gain CEO-CIO Alignment
Over 67% of CIO’s are misaligned with their CEO’s as to the target role for IT. Find out why.
- Survey the CEO and other overseers of IT
- Identify gaps in alignment and benchmark against other organizations
- Build an Executive Communication Plan
- An IT department that meets and exceeds CEO goals
- Executive Team alignment regarding the role of IT
Define the CIO Business Vision
Only 28% of Business Leaders are supporters of IT. Find out what is important to the Business.
- Survey key Business stakeholders across the organization
- Build an IT Satisfaction Report Card
- Identify top Business priorities by department
- Develop a Service Improvement Curriculum
- Measuring matters! Members improve over 20% annually on our program
- An IT department that meets and exceeds the goals of key Business stakeholders
Assess IT Management & Governance
IT Leaders rate their core process effectiveness below 60%. Map your Process Landscape.
- Evaluate IT process effectiveness
- Prioritize which process areas represent the most critical gaps for your organization
- Assign process ownership and accountability
- IT team alignment around core processes
- World class process capability
Build Your IT Strategy
Business Stakeholders are 3.5 times more likely to be highly satisfied with IT if there is an effective IT Strategy in place.
- Understand Business goals
- Conduct a current state assessment of IT
- Define a target state that is aligned with organizational priorities
- Identify Strategic big bets
- A Strategic Plan for IT that is fact-based and actionable
- Members reported over 4 weeks in time saved with our guidance
Assess Your Organization Design
Strategic change means new processes and skills. Organizational Design will ensure that you build the right team.
- Assess the effectiveness of the current Organizational Structure
- Define the work units that will form part of the target structure
- Design the target IT Organizational Structure and build a transition plan
- IT Organizational Alignment to the Business Strategy
- Optimization of IT resources
Refine Your IT Budget
43% of CIO’s overestimate the size of their next budget. Make sure you’re on the same page as your CFO.
- Develop an accurate forecasting methodology
- Establish baseline metrics
- Differentiate between discretionary and non-discretionary costs
- Develop service based costing
- Full funding for IT
- IT cost transparency and effectiveness
Adopt a Customer Centric Digital Strategy
Of CIO’s who rate highly in digital leadership and management, 58% experience double digit growth.
- Define IT’s Revenue Mandate
- Build a customer journey map
- Establish a Revenue Generation Steering Committee
- Define your digital target state and transformation plan
- An IT organization that directly drives Revenue
- A culture of innovation in IT
Establish Your IT Governance Plan
Governance is the number one predictor of value generated by IT. Use our 5 step process to achieve effective Governance.
- Define and build a Governance structure
- Identify and define the scope of Governance committees
- Conduct an impact assessment for recommended changes
- Business involvement and engagement in IT Governance
- Optimized IT decision-making and accountability
Optimize Risk Management
82% of organizations update their management strategy for enterprise risk at least once per year. So why doesn’t IT?
- Identify the most pervasive risks facing the organization
- Build your risk profile
- Identify risk mitigation plans
- Document and track risk controls
- A minimized degree of Business risk from IT
- An optimal trade-off between IT cost and risk