Every company nowadays is a software company. Build your organizational competencies to select, build, and operate in today's complex application environments.
Bridge the Gap Between Business and IT
Ensure your systems are appropriately aligned to business priorities and develop an operating model or framework before embarking on a major enterprise application initiative.
Build a High-Value Application Portfolio Roadmap
Manage the full application lifecycle including processes to select, build, implement and maintain your business systems as well as whether application should be retained or retired.
Govern Your Critical Application Processes
Build the support capabilities of your application team including agile development, requirements gathering, business process management and application centres of excellence, for ongoing improvement of your team.
Applications Key Initiative Plan
Utilize our application roadmap to drive application planning. Complete each step using our world class research and advisory services with the option to accelerate the process with workshop & consulting options.
Assess Your App Portfolio
72% of organizations do not have a full understanding of their application portfolios.
- Survey your departments to capture all systems and tools in use
- Compare the relative usage and satisfaction with your applications
- Prioritize applications for investment and retirement decisions
- Get a 360 view of the health of your application portfolio
- Capture business level input for supporting a rationalization exercise
Define Your App Strategy & Roadmap
57% of organizations believe that modernizing their applications landscape is critical to achieving business objectives.
- Align your app portfolio to a known framework, and your key business processes
- Determine the appropriate disposition for each application
- Build and socialize your app roadmap with business approval
- Create a business aligned roadmap, where investment is made in the highest value areas
- Reduce application sprawl, and free up IT investment
Optimize Your Requirements Gathering Process
70% of project failure is due to bad requirements. Don’t be on the wrong end of this statistic.
- Learn multiple techniques to elicit requirements from your stakeholders
- Establish methodologies to analyze, validate, and prioritize requirements
- Set a program for managing project changes
- Implement a SOP for repeatable requirements gathering
- Establish minimum criteria for documentation and sign-off standards
Govern & Manage a Software Implementation
On average, 66% of large S/W project are over budget, 33% are over time, and delivery 17% less value than originally projected.
- Assess the implementation complexity of a project
- Create appropriate stage gates for each phase of the implementation
- Establish communication framework for managing your SI
- Establish entry and exit criteria for each phase of the project lifecycle
- Create a governance model for large scale software implementations
Optimize Application Development
Only 14% of organizations identify their development throughput as highly effective.
- Identify gaps and risks in your current SDLC process
- Design high-level solutions components
- Restructure your development team to optimize for throughput
- Drive greater throughput with greater business satisfaction in development projects
- Build consensus on the development process, accountabilities, and artefacts
Embed Quality in your Development Processes
Testing alone does not guarantee success. Quality needs to be embedded in every step of the PMLC.
- Understand the barriers to quality in your current processes
- Create a holistic QA framework, customized to your specific SDLC
- Identify where automation can help save costs, reduce time, and improve results
- Make quality a part of your entire development process
- Reduce costs by catching issues earlier in the dev cycle
Build an App Maintenance Strategy
50% of all maintenance is reactive. Establish a business aligned plan for maintaining the most important applications in your environment.
- Align maintenance tasks to business value and SLA requirements
- Create a forward looking maintenance roadmap
- Identify areas to optimize and reduce your maintenance spend
- Build a proactive maintenance roadmap aligned to business priorities
- Justify maintenance spend and effort to business and IT executive
Establish an Apps Center of Excellence
53% of organizations receive less than half the benefits from their ERP implementations. Make sure you have a program to drive benefits realization post go-live.
- Define your cost efficient but viable Application COE operating model
- Establish appropriate roles, resources, and accountabilities
- Establish metrics and benchmarks to track ongoing application delivery
- Build a connection between the business and IT for ongoing application and process health
- Build a governance model appropriate for your critical applications
Adopt Business Process Management
Poor process equals poor business results. A good BPI initiative can result in a 50% reduction in labour costs.
- Analyze a business process to define goals and key drivers
- Document the ‘to-be’ state of the process
- Create a playbook for improving BPI across the organization
- Optimize your current business processes
- Develop a program for your team to conduct ongoing business process improvement
Learn how to accelerate your Applications projects & processes with access to our in depth tools & resourcesRequest a Demo