RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
Automated HR management applications provide cost savings, increase operational efficiencies, and manage human capital by combining many HR functions (e.g. payroll, benefits administration, recruiting, applicant tracking, training and performance) into a single, highly integrated solution. The Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) delivery model is being increasingly accepted in the mid-market and employee self-service eliminates “dead” time of manual systems.
The main topics covered in this note include:
- What an HR system is and how it works.
- The key cost considerations and elements of calculating total cost of ownership of an HR system.
- SaaS versus on-demand system delivery methods.
- Employee self-service.
- Solutions types and how to decide between solutions.
- The early steps to take when considering an HR system.
IT leaders considering automated HR management applications must first look internally and assess the organization's needs.