Optimize the Change Management Process Storyboard Sample
ITIL provides a useable framework for Change Management, but full process rigor is not appropriate for every change request. Before attempting to implement a Change Management process, establish firm definitions and workflows:
- Make a distinction between a change request, a service request, a project, and operational work.
- Distinguish between Normal changes, Emergency changes, and Standard changes with pre-defined workflows.
- Identify repeatable, predictable, low-risk changes, and establish pre-authorized workflows to bypass the full Change Management process to save time and resources.
- Minimize the number of Emergency changes. This category is often used as a means of pushing a change through the process faster.
- Focus on improving the process, and prioritizing changes according to business need and risk.