Prior to beginning an application development outsourcing engagement, organizations need to know what to expect, and what they should be doing to prepare. Outsourcing initiatives face a real risk of failure, with projects frequently going over-budget, falling off-schedule, and being of poor quality. Side-step these common project fates by using this research report to:
- Determine which application's development the organization should be outsourcing.
- Decide which outsourcing arrangement is appropriate for the organization and project needs.
- Form a strategy and a set of priorities for vendor selection.
- Identify any problem areas within the organization that need changing before the engagement begins.
- Manage the project's progress going forward: identify what needs to be tracked and what process should be in place to ensure arising problems are solved quickly.
Don't just jump into application development projects. Use this storyboard to perfect your preparation and approach to these projects.