RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
Understanding current and projected resource constraints and capacity requirements before budget pitching improves budget proposal success: a well-informed IT leader with valid reason for budget requests is more likely to get what they need.
This solution set will help you:
- Understand what the constraints are early
- Find ways to reduce expenses on adjustable non-discretionary expenses to create capacity for new initiatives
- Negotiate priorities with the business units; not all demands can be met
- Back-up estimates with evidence of likely costs
- Provide detailed documentation
Use this research to help navigate and optimize the budgeting process in your organization.