Understanding current and projected resource constraints and capacity requirements before budget pitching improves budget proposal success: a well-informed IT leader with valid reason for budget requests is more likely to get what they need.
This solution set will help you:
- Understand what the constraints are early
- Find ways to reduce expenses on adjustable non-discretionary expenses to create capacity for new initiatives
- Negotiate priorities with the business units; not all demands can be met
- Back-up estimates with evidence of likely costs
- Provide detailed documentation
Use this research to help navigate and optimize the budgeting process in your organization.