The business expects more than simply maintained applications. Use this storyboard to make business value the cornerstone of your rationalization and roadmap initiatives to drive business satisfaction with an enhanced application portfolio strategy.
- Define your application portfolio strategy in alignment with the organization's overall strategic objectives.
- Build a structured process for defining and measuring business metrics across your portfolio.
- Perform a business-value assessment to identify which of your applications are the top candidates for change.
- Undergo an application rationalization initiative to understand the best options for what those changes should be.
- Build the tools to communicate this strategy back to the business in order to create support to invest in the changes.