Vendor Landscape: Talent Management Solutions
Effectively manage your workforce from hire to retire with an end-to-end talent management solution.
View Vendor Shortlist
What is a shortlist?
A shortlist is a personalized list of vendors based on the criteria you define. Your shortlist offers more information about vendor's strengths, weaknesses, price-points, etc, and ranks them according to your needs.
What is a Value Score?
The Value Score indexes each vendor’s product offering and business strength relative to their price point. It does not indicate vendor ranking.
Vendors that score high offer more bang for the buck (e.g. features, usability, stability, etc.) than the average vendor, while the inverse is true for those that score lower.
Price-conscious enterprises may wish to give the Value Score more consideration than those who are more focused on specific vendor/product attributes.
- Over the last number of years, the Talent Management (TM) market has experienced widespread consolidation; larger talent management vendors have bought up niche players and large ERP vendors have begun purchasing talent management solutions.
- As a result, talent management competition in the mid-market is now dominated by large, established multi-nationals with a broad user base and extensive resources.
- Some vendors offer fully homegrown solutions, but the vast majority are a result of acquisitions. For vendors in the latter group, their legacy product tends to be their strongest, though this is changing; these vendors are focused on creating solutions that are uniform in look and feel.
- Organizations should carefully consider their short-term social and mobile requirements before focusing too heavily on social and mobile functionalities; vendor offerings will improve across the board over the next few years.
- Advanced reporting and analytics functionality that allows the integration of data points from separate modules has become a point of differentiation for some vendors.
- Vendors that have a solution which contains disparate pieces obtained through acquisition will work toward even more robust back-end integration between modules to ensure the user experience is seamless.
Impact and Result
- Look for first-class module integration in a TM solution. Seamless integration of all talent management modules creates a top quality user experience from end to end.
- Look to vendors with recruitment, performance management, learning, and compensation functionality for full employee lifecycle management.
Evaluate TM solutions
Determine which talent management solution best meets enterprise needs.
Compare TM solutions based on specific criteria
Develop a custom shortlist of TM solutions.