- Over the last number of years, the Talent Management (TM) market has experienced widespread consolidation; larger talent management vendors have bought up niche players and large ERP vendors have begun purchasing talent management solutions.
- As a result, talent management competition in the mid-market is now dominated by large, established multi-nationals with a broad user base and extensive resources.
- Some vendors offer fully homegrown solutions, but the vast majority are a result of acquisitions. For vendors in the latter group, their legacy product tends to be their strongest, though this is changing; these vendors are focused on creating solutions that are uniform in look and feel.
- Organizations should carefully consider their short-term social and mobile requirements before focusing too heavily on social and mobile functionalities; vendor offerings will improve across the board over the next few years.
- Advanced reporting and analytics functionality that allows the integration of data points from separate modules has become a point of differentiation for some vendors.
- Vendors that have a solution which contains disparate pieces obtained through acquisition will work toward even more robust back-end integration between modules to ensure the user experience is seamless.
Impact and Result
- Look for first-class module integration in a TM solution. Seamless integration of all talent management modules creates a top quality user experience from end to end.
- Look to vendors with recruitment, performance management, learning, and compensation functionality for full employee lifecycle management.
1. Evaluate TM solutions
Determine which talent management solution best meets enterprise needs.
2. Compare TM solutions based on specific criteria
Develop a custom shortlist of TM solutions.
Talk to an Analyst
Our analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
Book an Analyst Call on this topic.
You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
Get advice from a subject matter expert.
Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.