Vendor Landscape: Social Media Management Platforms
Rein in social media by choosing a platform that’s right for you.
View Vendor Shortlist
What is a shortlist?
A shortlist is a personalized list of vendors based on the criteria you define. Your shortlist offers more information about vendor's strengths, weaknesses, price-points, etc, and ranks them according to your needs.
What is a Value Score?
The Value Score indexes each vendor’s product offering and business strength relative to their price point. It does not indicate vendor ranking.
Vendors that score high offer more bang for the buck (e.g. features, usability, stability, etc.) than the average vendor, while the inverse is true for those that score lower.
Price-conscious enterprises may wish to give the Value Score more consideration than those who are more focused on specific vendor/product attributes.
- The proliferation of social media initiatives across organizations has made actively managing social initiatives a challenging task. In order to rein in social media initiatives, the right technology stack is critical. IT is receiving social media software requests from many parts of the enterprise, and must be prepared to speak intelligently about social media vendor selection.
- The social media management platform (SMMP) market is a combination of vendors that enable social media monitoring, analytics, engagement, and social campaign management. Many vendors specialize in only a few of these areas, but not all. Sometimes multiple products are necessary – but determining which feature sets the organization truly needs can be a challenging task.
- Regulatory-related industries must archive some types of social interactions, just like email and IM – but striking a balance between functionality and security can pose problems when it comes to social media.
- Social media initiatives are no longer the sole responsibility of Marketing or PR. Social Media has become critical for Customer Service and HR recruiting. SMMPs must be evaluated for their ability to support an enterprise-wide social media strategy.
- Selecting an SMMP involves defining the organization’s functional requirements, creating a shortlist based on these requirements, formally evaluating vendor offerings, and choosing the platform that is best tailored to the organization’s unique circumstances.
Impact and Result
- Understand the features and business benefits of using an SMMP to effectively manage social media initiatives.
- Survey the current state of the SMMP market to evaluate and shortlist SMMP vendors that best meet the organization’s requirements.
- Draft a robust Request for Proposal to send to shortlisted vendors.
- Select a complete SMMP solution that meets the needs of marketing, sales, and service groups.
Evaluate the leading solutions for mid-market SMMP
Understand the market and available options.
Compare leading vendors and develop a shortlist
Develop a shortlist to speed the selection process.
Review RFP winners
Ensure that selected proponents can deliver when it counts.