Vendor Landscape: Secure Web Gateways
Just filter it.
Send a friend or colleague a link to this article
View Vendor Shortlist
What is a shortlist?
A shortlist is a personalized list of vendors based on the criteria you define. Your shortlist offers more information about vendor's strengths, weaknesses, price-points, etc, and ranks them according to your needs.
What is a Value Score?
The Value Score indexes each vendor’s product offering and business strength relative to their price point. It does not indicate vendor ranking.
Vendors that score high offer more bang for the buck (e.g. features, usability, stability, etc.) than the average vendor, while the inverse is true for those that score lower.
Price-conscious enterprises may wish to give the Value Score more consideration than those who are more focused on specific vendor/product attributes.
- Secure Web Gateway (SWG) products protect your organization from incoming threats to your network or malicious outbound communication. Products vary in their ability to detect these threats and the environments that they support.
- Organizations must fully understand their rationale for adopting an SWG. Additional benefits such as web application controls for employee productivity can increase the rationale scope for getting an SWG beyond just security concerns.
- Organizations today must secure against the most advanced payload malware through advanced detection capabilities. This functionality must also be usable across the various mediums where web traffic is seen. Varying protocols, devices, operating systems, and locations all provide levels of complexity that need to be met.
- Business is about access. Ensure that SWGs support mobile and BYOD security & compliance through OS support and guest Wi-Fi support, enabling anywhere access.
- Realized value from SWGs requires that productivity tools are included in evaluating a product. Granular control options around specific applications are necessary.
Impact and Result
- Many SWGs may seem similar in feature sets. Determine which vendor offerings can meet your organizational needs.
- Understand what threats your organization is facing and what environments you operate in to discover what advanced detection capabilities and environment support are relevant.
- Info-Tech’s framework for selecting a delivery method and shortlisting vendors will save you time by ensuring you only evaluate the vendors that fit the organization’s SWG needs.
Get the Complete Storyboard
See how all the steps you need to take come together, with tools and advice to help with each task on your list.Download Now
Get to Action
Evaluate the leading solutions for SWG
Understand the market and available options.
Identify the SWG solution that best meets organizational needs
Develop a shortlist to speed the selection process.
Issue an RFP to the shortlist of vendors
Solicit responses from shortlisted vendors to find optimal enterprise fit.
Review RFP winners
Ensure that selected proponents can deliver when it counts.
Secure the Network Against Remote & Rogue Endpoints in Four Steps
Select and Implement an Intrusion Detection and Prevention System
Secure Critical Systems and Intellectual Property Against APT
Build an Information Security Strategy
Develop a Network Security Roadmap to Lower Incident Costs and Increase Efficiency
Select and Implement a Next Generation Firewall
Select and Implement a SIEM Solution
Select and Implement an Email Security Gateway
Ensure Cloud Security in a SaaS Environment
Secure the Network in a BYOD World
Develop a User Management Strategy
Vendor Landscape: Email Security Gateway
Vendor Landscape: Secure Web Gateways
Vendor Landscape: Network Access Control
Vendor Landscape: Endpoint Protection
Combine Information Security Risk Management Components into One Program