THIS CONTENT IS OUT OF DATEThis content is retired but we have related up-to-date content below.
- Secure Web Gateway (SWG) products protect your organization from incoming threats to your network or malicious outbound communication. Products vary in their ability to detect these threats and the environments that they support.
- Organizations must fully understand their rationale for adopting an SWG. Additional benefits such as web application controls for employee productivity can increase the rationale scope for getting an SWG beyond just security concerns.
- Organizations today must secure against the most advanced payload malware through advanced detection capabilities. This functionality must also be usable across the various mediums where web traffic is seen. Varying protocols, devices, operating systems, and locations all provide levels of complexity that need to be met.
- Business is about access. Ensure that SWGs support mobile and BYOD security & compliance through OS support and guest Wi-Fi support, enabling anywhere access.
- Realized value from SWGs requires that productivity tools are included in evaluating a product. Granular control options around specific applications are necessary.
Impact and Result
- Many SWGs may seem similar in feature sets. Determine which vendor offerings can meet your organizational needs.
- Understand what threats your organization is facing and what environments you operate in to discover what advanced detection capabilities and environment support are relevant.
- Info-Tech’s framework for selecting a delivery method and shortlisting vendors will save you time by ensuring you only evaluate the vendors that fit the organization’s SWG needs.
This guided implementation is a three call advisory process.
Call #1 - Shortlist assistance and requirements
Get off to a productive start: Discuss the market space and how vendors are evaluated. Decide on which deployment option suits you best and narrow down the options based on customized requirements.
Call #2 - RFP and budget review
Interpret and act on RFP results: Review vendor RFPs and ensure the solution is meeting your needs. Discuss average pricing of solutions and what can fit into your budget.
Call #3 - Negotiation and contract review
Purchase optimization: Review contracts and discuss best practices in negotiation tactics to get the best price for your solution.