Vendor Landscape: Mid-Market BI
Enabling business users to make intelligent business decisions.
Send a friend or colleague a link to this article
RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
View Vendor Shortlist
What is a shortlist?
A shortlist is a personalized list of vendors based on the criteria you define. Your shortlist offers more information about vendor's strengths, weaknesses, price-points, etc, and ranks them according to your needs.
What is a Value Score?
The Value Score indexes each vendor’s product offering and business strength relative to their price point. It does not indicate vendor ranking.
Vendors that score high offer more bang for the buck (e.g. features, usability, stability, etc.) than the average vendor, while the inverse is true for those that score lower.
Price-conscious enterprises may wish to give the Value Score more consideration than those who are more focused on specific vendor/product attributes.
- Business Intelligence (BI) solutions have the potential to help organizations of all sizes gain valuable insights from otherwise nebulous data sets. Unstructured data from social sites can provide organizations with important insights, however harnessing and interpreting this data can be a difficult task.
- Small and mid-sized organizations often lack resources for full-scale BI deployments. They require BI solutions with strong self-service reporting and analytics. Increasing importance is placed on automated processes, and intuitive interfaces.
- With a range of products available, small and mid-sized organizations must select the solution that best meets their needs and their budget.
- The ability to both access and work with reports on mobile devices is important to today’s mobile workforce. Vendors are now moving towards providing native apps for improved performance or HTML5 for browser access regardless of the device.
- Massive amounts of unstructured data exists on social sites. BI vendors are currently working towards making this information accessible for mid-market organizations. However, most solutions still lack the ability to provide insight and advice for interpretation of the data after captured.
- Cloud-based SaaS with local data sources is emerging as an affordable method for mid-market organizations. It enables the data to remain secure, but keeps software usage costs low.
Impact and Result
- Understand what’s new in the BI market for small to mid-sized enterprises.
- Evaluate mid-market BI vendors and products for your enterprise needs.
- Determine which products are most appropriate for your particular use case and scenario.
Get the Complete Storyboard
See how all the steps you need to take come together, with tools and advice to help with each task on your list.Download Now
Get to Action
Evaluate the leading solutions for mid-market BI
Understand the market and available options.
Identify the mid-market BI solution that best meets your needs
Develop a shortlist to speed the selection process.
Issue an RFP to the shortlist of vendors
Solicit responses from shortlisted vendors to find optimal enterprise fit.
Review RFP winners
Ensure that selected proponents can deliver when it counts.