TL;DR? Simplify Your IT Policies
It’s time to blow the dust off your IT policies and bring them into the 21st century – quickly!
IT policies are one of the most neglected parts of IT. Everyone knows they’re needed and important for ensuring that IT works well. But many IT departments admit that their policies are out of date, have lost their relevance, are difficult to understand, and are almost never enforced.
- Protect yourself. IT risks are everywhere and can have severe organizational impacts including, financial repercussions, productivity loss, reputational damage, and legal action. IT policies are a key control to mitigate these threats.
- Make organizational compliance easy. Policies are often long, technical, complicated, hard to read, cumbersome to implement, and difficult to enforce. Make your policies easy to maintain, adhere to, and enforce by developing only the essentials.
- Don't re-invent the wheel. Every organization faces its own unique combination of IT threats, but some are ubiquitous. Start with the key building blocks everyone needs and expand only as necessary to meet your particular needs. Rather than start from scratch, use proven templates.
- Discover the key risks faced by many organizations and augment them with risks specific to your organization.
- Analyze your existing set of policies to determine if they are effective for your needs.
- Learn the best practices for developing policies that can be understood, followed, and enforced.
- Start with a core set of ready-to-use policy templates from Info-Tech and customize them for your organization.
- Augment the base policy set with just the essentials you need to protect your organization.
Talk to our analyst about this Research
Be recognized for your expertise! Participate in an expert interview with one of our analysts and we will showcase your contribution on our upcoming Info-Tech Client Hall Of Fame.
Each interview lasts approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour and provides you with the opportunity to share your best practices, opinions, tools or templates with your peers.