- Sports leadership requires a unified and validated view of sports entertainment business capabilities that help CIOs and sports leadership accelerate the strategy design process and that aligns initiatives, investments, and strategy.
- The business and IT often focus on a project, ignoring the holistic impact and value of an overarching value stream and business capability view.
Using an industry-specific business reference architecture is central, and has many benefits, to organizational priorities. It’s critical to understanding, modeling, and communicating the operating environment and the direction of the organization, but more significantly, to enabling measurable top-line organizational outcomes and the unlocking of direct value.
Impact and Result
- Demonstrate the value of IT’s role in supporting your sport organization’s capabilities while highlighting the importance of proper alignment between organizational and IT strategies.
- Apply reference architecture techniques such as strategy maps, value streams, and capability maps to design usable and accurate blueprints of your sports entertainment operations.
- Assess your initiatives and priorities to determine if you are investing in the right capabilities. Conduct capability assessments to identify opportunities and to prioritize projects.