- Email marketing, social marketing, and/or lead management alone are often not enough for meeting more sophisticated marketing needs
- Many organizations struggle with taking a systematic approach to selection that pairs functional requirements with specific marketing workflows, and as a result, choose a marketing management suite (MMS) that is not well-aligned to their needs, wasting resources and causing end-user frustration.
- As an IT manager or marketing professional, the task to incorporate MMS technology into the organization requires not only receiving the buy-in for the MMS investment, but also determining the vendor and solution that best fits the organization’s particular marketing management needs.
- An MMS enables complex campaigns across many channels, product lines, customer segments, and marketing groups throughout the enterprise.
- Taking a structured approach to MMS deployment will save time and money by purchasing an appropriately-sized marketing solution.
- Participating in the MMS selection and implementation strategy will position IT as a strategic partner to the marketing department. This is increasingly important in an era when the CMO is expected to out-spend IT itself on technology in the near future.
Impact and Result
- Maximize your success and credibility with a proposal that emphasizes the areas relevant to your situation.
- Prepare for key objections by leveraging the experiences and insights of industry peers that have been through this battle.
- Consolidate functionality into a unified suite. Having a robust MMS eliminates the need for a myriad of point solutions, resulting in reduced deployment and training costs and increased efficiency.
- Perform more effective customer targeting and campaign management. Having a MMS equips marketers with the tools they need to make informed decisions around lead management and marketing campaigns, resulting in better target, acquisition and customer retention. This means more revenue.
- Improve marketing efficiency by reducing campaign and lead acquisition costs through technology-enabled marketing productivity.
- Integrate data – MMS assists in creating a single source of truth. This includes data from email, points-of-sale, CRM, and third-party data. Save costs by reducing data management efforts.
- Maximize marketing impact with analytics-based decision making. By understanding users/customers’ behaviors and preferences, you can effectively run marketing initiatives. Also, optimize your marketing efforts by determining what is effective and what is not.
This guided implementation is a twelve call advisory process.
Guided Implementation #1 - Launch the MMS selection project
Call #1 - Identify your fit for MMS technology.
Call #2 - Identify staffing needs.
Call #3 - Create the project plan.
Guided Implementation #2 - Analyze MMS requirements and shortlist vendors
Call #1 - Plan requirements gathering steps.
Call #2 - Discuss use-case fit assessment results.
Call #3 - Discuss Vendor Landscape.
Guided Implementation #3 - Select an MMS solution
Call #1 - Create a procurement strategy.
Call #2 - Discuss evaluation results.
Call #3 - Conduct a contract review.
Guided Implementation #4 - Plan the MMS implementation
Call #1 - Create an implementation plan.
Call #2 - Discuss roll-out of automated processes.
Call #3 - Handover to Operations.
Book Your Workshop
Onsite workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost onsite delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: Launch Your MMS Selection Project
Understand the drivers that are motivating your own business’s MMS procurement to ensure that the automated processes and implemented tool provide returns in these specific areas.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Confirmation of your organization’s fit and preparedness for investing in marketing management technology.
- Creation of a project plan for your MMS procurement project.
- Successful identification of project resourcing requirements.
- Creation of project oversight and approval for launching procurement project.
Identify the value of an investment in MMS technology.
- Identification of the opportunities associated the investment of a dedicated MMS tool.
Identify the business and IT drivers behind your MMS procurement.
- Confirmation of the business’s suitability for an MMS investment and how MMS relates to broader CRM/CEM.
Assess your organization’s readiness for a technology investment in a dedicated marketing management suite.
- Determination if now is the right time to proceed with this project.
Create a project plan to support your evaluation and selection of a MMS solution.
- A completed and approved project charter for your MMS selection project.
Select a procurement vehicle that will support your organization’s selection process.
- The creation of a granular project plan that outlines the steps and resourcing relating to each stage of the project.
Determine the resourcing requirements associated with the project.
- An appraisal of the oversight and stakeholder engagement requirements for the project, including the creation of a steering committee or a plan for working with the organization’s PMO or IT steering committee.
Identify project metrics.
Create project oversight.
- Launch of your MMS selection project.
Module 2: Analyze MMS Requirements and Shortlist Vendors
- Not everyone’s process needs are the same. These differences drive out different categories and niches within the MMS market space.
- Leverage Info-Tech’s use-case scenarios to align your organization’s vendor selection with the appropriate market players.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Completion of high-level process mapping.
- Identification of functional and technical requirements for your organization’s MMS solution.
- Identification of your organization’s relevant use-case scenarios.
- In-depth knowledge of vendors in the MMS market.
- Creation of a custom vendor shortlist and vendor profiles and scoring.
Identify your business’s technical and functional requirements.
- Completion of high-level mapping of the selected marketing process and any additional processes prioritized at this point.
- Completed interviews with IT that generate the technical requirements regarding integration and implementation for the MMS tool.
- Documentation of high-level functional and solution requirements for the MMS tool.
Align your business’s needs to Info-Tech’s use-case scenarios.
- An appraisal of Info-Tech’s MMS use-case scenarios and identification of the use-case scenarios that apply to the business’s desired use of MMS technology.
Evaluate the results of Info-Tech’s MMS Vendor Landscape Analysis.
- A completed review of the MMS Vendor Analysis, concentrating on the vendors who fit the organization’s use-case scenario results.
Focus your review of the use case performance results relevant to your organization.
Create a custom vendor shortlist.
- Creation of a list of shortlisted vendors to submit RFPs and engage for further review.
Module 3: Select Your MMS Solution
Base your vendor evaluations not on the capabilities of the solutions but instead on how the solutions align with your organization’s process automation requirements and considerations.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Completion of a vendor evaluation of shortlisted vendors in the MMS market.
- Selection of a MMS solution.
- Successful completion of contract negotiation.
- Approval of the vendor solution and contract by the project’s oversight.
- Identification of functional and technical requirements.
Create and submit an RFP to shortlisted vendors.
Evaluate vendor RFP responses.
Conduct vendor demonstrations.
Conduct an objective scoring of vendor demonstrations and solution capabilities.
- The completion of an objective evaluation process that assessed the RFP responses and demonstrations provided by the vendors whose solutions were identified as a fit for the organization’s process automation needs.
Select an MMS solution.
Negotiate and finalize a contract.
- The successful selection of a MMS suite and completion of a contract negotiation.
Submit your MMS solution and contract for approval.
- Successful approval by the project’s oversight and procurement of the selected solution.