THIS CONTENT IS OUT OF DATEThis content is retired but we have related up-to-date content below.
Hosted email is unquestionably the future for organizations (barring only extremely restrictive government agencies or contractors). It is simpler to manage, increases availability, and is easier for end users. Office 365 is the clear leader in the space; however, the major concern is how to ensure organizations get the same (or better) security than when email was located on premises.
- Hosted email is the future. Doesn’t matter what industry you are in or how many end users you have: hosted email services is the clear future. For all the cloud hype five years ago, cloud-based email is hitting mass migration now.
- Security is one of the biggest concerns for the cloud. Many organizations need to demonstrate that systems or data in the cloud are still secure. Many IT professionals have faith, but business stakeholders need more than just faith.
- Does Microsoft do enough to protect your email? Microsoft, along with all other major cloud providers, offer a variety of native security controls. The question just becomes, are those native controls good enough for your needs?
- Determine what email security features are right for you. Contrary to popular belief, there have been recent advancements with email security. Organizations need to understand current and near-future security feature sets and which ones are appropriate for them.
- Understand O365 native email security. Understand the native security controls that are offered by O365 for email. Microsoft has done a lot in terms of security in recent years. Our research will help you understand what Microsoft has done and if it is enough for your needs.
- Understand additional email controls. There is an entire marketspace of email security vendors offering additional security onto O365’s offering. Organizations need to know who these vendors are, what their offerings are, and how to effectively evaluate them.
Talk to our analyst about this research
Be recognized for your expertise! Participate in an expert interview with one of our analysts and we will acknowledge your contribution in an upcoming publication.
Each interview lasts approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour and provides you with the opportunity to share your best practices, opinions, tools or templates with your peers.