Optimize the Organization’s Data Integration Practices
Ensure the organization’s data accurately flows to the critical downstream IT and business processes through effective data integration.
- As organizations process more information at faster rates, there is increased pressure for faster and more efficient data integration programs.
- Data integration is an intermediary function that is critical for downstream functions of data management and business operations to be successful.
- Evolving business models and uses of data are growing rapidly at rates that often exceed the investments in data management and integration tools, and as a result there is often a gap between data availability and the business’s latency demands.
- Identifying the right pattern for your data use cases is only part of the battle. More times than not, success in data integration is hinged on the performance of activities in development, architecture, governance, and quality.
- Successful data integration solutions require more than just technology – they require design, planning, governance, and maintenance.
Impact and Result
- Create a data integration program that supports the flow of data through the organization and meets the organization’s requirements around data latency.
- Ensure that the necessary architecture, governance, MDM, and quality building blocks support your data integrations.
- Build your data integration practice with a firm foundation in governance and reference architecture. Use best-fit reference architecture patterns and the related technology and resources to ensure that your process is scalable and sustainable.
- Cloud is disrupting how traditional data integrations are performed; with new deployment methods and locations of data, new decisions around integration points and types of services must also be evaluated.
- The business’s uses of data are constantly changing and evolving, and as a result the integration processes that ensure data availability must be frequently reviewed and repositioned in order to continue to grow with the business.
Identify the need and readiness for improved data integration practices
Determine the value and opportunity associated with an investment in time, energy, and technology in data integration.
Assess how related data management functions support data integration
Identify how additional data management functions enhance or constrain the organization’s data integration practices.
Select integration patterns
Evaluate and select the appropriate patterns for the integration scenarios.
Create an implementation plan
Create an action plan for implementing the project’s findings and tackling the necessary action items.
Book Your Workshop
Onsite workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost onsite delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: Launch Your Data Integration Project
- Identify if your business needs data or application integration.
- Identify the business's opportunities when investing in data integration.
- Plan your data integration project.
- Plan how to gain buy-in for your project.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Confirmation of project fit.
- A planned project.
- A plan for gaining stakeholder support.
Assess value and opportunities.
Determine scope and objectives.
Create a project plan.
- A project plan.
Create a staffing plan.
- Defined roles and responsibilities.
Plan and make the case for data integration.
- Completed business case.
Module 2: Assess and Gather Requirements
- Identify how data integration impacts and is impacted by additional data management functions.
- Identify the business’s data access and integration requirements.
- Identify integration scenarios.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Understanding of the current capabilities supporting the organization’s data integration practices.
- Determine the business’s data integration requirements.
- Document integration scenarios.
Identify the current state of data management building blocks for successful data integration.
- Action plan for addressing missing building blocks.
Interview the business.
- Business and IT requirements for data integration.
Interview IT staff.
Identify integration scenarios.
- Integration scenarios.
Module 3: Plan Your Data Integration Solutions
- Analyze and select reference architecture patterns.
- Evaluate the impact of cloud in performing your organization’s data integrations.
- Create governance around performing data integration.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Selection of integration reference patterns.
- Understanding of the considerations around storing and integrating data in cloud environments.
- The creation of governance principles and management practices that control how integrations are performed.
Evaluate reference patterns.
- Data integration reference architecture.
Select the reference patterns that fit your integration scenarios.
- Integration governance.
Create an implementation plan.
- Implementation plan.
Identify and document investment requirements.
- Action plan for tackling next steps.