Effective performance management is critical to delivering high quality IT services, retaining top talent, and driving an innovative workforce. Yet, performance management and coaching are frequently under leveraged, leading to long-term productivity and retention challenges.
- Traditional performance appraisals are not meeting the needs of today’s world of work. Annual measurement of employee performance is static and demotivating to employees as feedback is not timely and relevant.
- Managers who set daily goals are 17% more successful. Employees who talk to their managers every day about setting goals are more likely to know their manager’s priorities and are better able mange their time.
- Increase team effectiveness by 81% though a coaching culture. Coaching and agile performance management doesn’t need to be a top-down initiative. Peer-to-peer coaching can be equally effective and empowering for staff.
- Measure employee engagement by using Info-Tech’s McLean Leadership Index (MLI) Diagnostic and dashboard. The diagnostic provides continuous data gathering and dashboards to consistently track engagement, allowing you to measure the impact of initiatives.
- Leverage Info-Tech’s materials to build an agile goal setting and performance management process, and train your staff on agile techniques that can be leveraged for continuous coaching.
- Use our facilitation guide to lead a workshop with your staff to train staff members to effectively coach their teams and measure the results.
- Compare MLI continuously to measure the impact of your goal setting and coaching initiatives and solicit feedback for improvement.
Get to Action
Talk to our analyst about this research
Be recognized for your expertise! Participate in an expert interview with one of our analysts and we will acknowledge your contribution in an upcoming publication.
Each interview lasts approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour and provides you with the opportunity to share your best practices, opinions, tools or templates with your peers.