Move to a Microservices Architecture to Reduce Maintenance Cycles
You’ve used DevOps to improve throughput, but it’s still not enough. Have you considered your architecture?
RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
Following a DevOps model helps to streamline processes and improve efficiencies. But the business is not satisfied – they demand even more. You can’t optimize a process beyond a certain point; it’s time to start looking at your architecture and make the move to a microservices architecture to help you reduce maintenance cycles.
- DevOps isn’t enough to meet business demands. You need to turn your attention to your underlying architecture to bring down maintenance costs.
- You already have most of the skills. We are in an API economy and your development team knows how to publish and consume APIs.
- Governance will be the key. To avoid uncontrolled growth of microservices you have to establish some guidelines and monitor them.
- Current state assessment.Through our survey platform, our program generates hard numbers that identify key problems from a business perspective.
- Establish common understanding. Our program will get all members of your team – business and IT – aligned around a common process and terminology, establishing a baseline understanding as to why a microservices approach to architecture may make sense for your organization.
- Take the benefits from DevOps to the next level. You may have thought you’ve reached a plateau with your DevOps capabilities. Growth is still possible by implementing a microservices architecture. Our approach tells you how to get there through the creation of a project opportunity, effective communication plan, and a roadmap.
- Measured value. Achieve real measureable value by implementing Info-Tech’s approach. We will guide you through the appropriate metrics to track as you transition to microservices.
Talk to our analyst about this Research
Be recognized for your expertise! Participate in an expert interview with one of our analysts and we will showcase your contribution on our upcoming Info-Tech Client Hall Of Fame.
Each interview lasts approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour and provides you with the opportunity to share your best practices, opinions, tools or templates with your peers.