- Luu Duong, eCompliance
- Yogesh Bang, IT Consultant
- 8 Organizations that requested anonymity.
- Developers tell you everything is on track, but deadlines are still missed, and the number of issues are too high.
- Enhancement projects often end up taking longer than they should, turn into re-write projects or worse, your developers tell you it can’t be done.
- Measuring the performance of your software is relatively easy, but measuring the performance of your developers is a shot in the dark without metrics.
- Software development is a creative, and subjective exercise, but it can still be measured.
- Measuring lines of code is largely meaningless in today’s development environments; however, number of methods, parameters, depth of inheritance, execution time, as well as adherence to standards are all measurable statistics that can help gauge the performance, skill, and ability of your development staff and overall code quality.
- Low tech solutions like code reviews and walkthroughs are often the best form of monitoring and are a great way to ensure that standards are being followed.
Impact and Result
- Businesses typically measure on-time and on-budget metrics against their application development efforts. This can provide some very high level and meaningful metrics but it does not provide insight into how well their application development groups are truly measuring up.
- This set will convey the reason why various metrics should be gathered and how to implement an effective metrics program.
Talk to an Analyst
Our analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
Book an Analyst Call on this topic.
You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
Get advice from a subject matter expert.
Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.