Manage Security Outsourcing
Looking outside your organization for security may be your best bet.
Send a friend or colleague a link to this article
Organizations are struggling to maintain the level of security needed to protect their assets. This is because it is difficult to have the necessary staffing levels to monitor and manage security functions. Security outsourcing can be a possible solution.
- It is difficult to find, hire, and maintain security professionals – this also applies to providers. It may be challenging now, but in three years finding security professionals will be even harder. Outsourcing providers will have the exact same problem and it’s important to be mindful that they also may not have the best talent.
- Security outsourcing is not a silver bullet. While it will help you with any resourcing concerns, it is still important to have other aspects of your program established such as a security strategy or policies.
- It’s critical to select the right provider for your organization’s unique needs. With many Managed Security Service Providers (MSSPs) in the market space, this is not an off-the-shelf purchase. It requires work on your part to know what you need and what is an appropriate solution.
- Our research will help you to build a security outsourcing strategy, and then select a right-sized Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) for your organization.
- Define your outsourcing strategy by collecting necessary business requirements. This will allow you to decide which functions and technologies should be outsourced, and which vendor would be most appropriate.
- Our research will evaluate Managed Security Service Providers (MSSPs) based on the their advanced features, vendor support, and ability to provide monitoring and management of security.
- Use Info-Tech’s research to identify how to work with MSSPs and ensure that accountability and responsibility are adequately accounted for in contracts and SLAs.
- Our outsourcing strategy will complement your larger information security strategy to improve the overall security posture of the organization.
Build a Security Awareness and Training Program
Exploit Disruptive Security Trends for 2015
Develop and Deploy Security Policies
Build a Security Governance and Management Plan
Hire or Develop a World-Class CISO
Build an Information Security Strategy
Optimize Security Operations without Overspending
Develop and Implement a Security Incident Management Program
Implement and Optimize an Effective Security Management Metrics Program
Develop a Network Security Roadmap to Lower Incident Costs and Increase Efficiency
Secure Critical Systems and Intellectual Property Against APT
Ensure Cloud Security in IaaS and PaaS Environments
Comply with the Security Requirements of HIPAA or SOX
Defend Against Ransomware
Develop a User Management Strategy
Exploit Disruptive Security Trends in 2016
Improve Information Security Practices in the Small Enterprise
Manage Security Mitigation Effectiveness
Manage the Budget to Optimize Security Spending
Develop and Optimize Threat Intelligence on a Budget
Manage Security Outsourcing