RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
Organizations are struggling to maintain the level of security needed to protect their assets. This is because it is difficult to have the necessary staffing levels to monitor and manage security functions. Security outsourcing can be a possible solution.
- It is difficult to find, hire, and maintain security professionals – this also applies to providers. It may be challenging now, but in three years finding security professionals will be even harder. Outsourcing providers will have the exact same problem and it’s important to be mindful that they also may not have the best talent.
- Security outsourcing is not a silver bullet. While it will help you with any resourcing concerns, it is still important to have other aspects of your program established such as a security strategy or policies.
- It’s critical to select the right provider for your organization’s unique needs. With many Managed Security Service Providers (MSSPs) in the market space, this is not an off-the-shelf purchase. It requires work on your part to know what you need and what is an appropriate solution.
- Our research will help you to build a security outsourcing strategy, and then select a right-sized Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) for your organization.
- Define your outsourcing strategy by collecting necessary business requirements. This will allow you to decide which functions and technologies should be outsourced, and which vendor would be most appropriate.
- Our research will evaluate Managed Security Service Providers (MSSPs) based on the their advanced features, vendor support, and ability to provide monitoring and management of security.
- Use Info-Tech’s research to identify how to work with MSSPs and ensure that accountability and responsibility are adequately accounted for in contracts and SLAs.
- Our outsourcing strategy will complement your larger information security strategy to improve the overall security posture of the organization.
Talk to our analyst about this research
Be recognized for your expertise! Participate in an expert interview with one of our analysts and we will acknowledge your contribution in an upcoming publication.
Each interview lasts approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour and provides you with the opportunity to share your best practices, opinions, tools or templates with your peers.