RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
- Point of sale (POS) solutions are a key component in the retail industry. While these systems have traditionally been used to serve customers, POS solutions have evolved to become an important store management tool.
- Either through out of the box features or additional modules, POS solutions can be used for a variety of tasks including inventory tracking, order processing, marketing and promotions, and workforce management.
- Determine the needs of your organization to ensure you are investing in the right POS solution.
- Info-Tech evaluated six vendors in the retail POS market and found that advanced POS features are increasingly important to customers, making integration abilities a vital requirement.
- Recently, simple and cheap disrupters have emerged in the retail POS space. Vendors like Square and PayPal are offering POS hardware and software that can be operated from a mobile device. While these solutions lack the advanced functionality and scalability of traditional POS systems, they are shaking up the retail POS market by providing an affordable, innovative alternative for smaller organizations.
Impact and Result
- Shortlist the solutions based on your feature and scalability requirements, paying particular attention to the solution’s integration and roadmap.
- Save time and money by using Info-Tech’s Vendor Landscape to compare and contrast the retail POS vendors, and then create a shortlist of the most appropriate vendors based on your needs.
1. Understand the retail point of sale market
Understand the features, integration abilities, and scalability of retail POS solutions.
2. Review retail point of sale solutions
Build a shortlist of best-fit POS tools for your enterprise.
Talk to an Analyst
Our analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
Book an Analyst Call on this topic.
You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
Get advice from a subject matter expert.
Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.