Vendor Landscape Plus: Customer Service Management Platforms
Select the right software to resolve customer service inquiries from start to finish.
Send a friend or colleague a link to this article
RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
View Vendor Shortlist
What is a shortlist?
A shortlist is a personalized list of vendors based on the criteria you define. Your shortlist offers more information about vendor's strengths, weaknesses, price-points, etc, and ranks them according to your needs.
What is a Value Score?
The Value Score indexes each vendor’s product offering and business strength relative to their price point. It does not indicate vendor ranking.
Vendors that score high offer more bang for the buck (e.g. features, usability, stability, etc.) than the average vendor, while the inverse is true for those that score lower.
Price-conscious enterprises may wish to give the Value Score more consideration than those who are more focused on specific vendor/product attributes.
- Organizations with simple customer service requirements and limited product lines will likely be satisfied with the built-in capabilities of their existing CRM or ITSM platforms. Organizations with more complex product lines and high volumes of service inquiries may need to extend those capabilities by using a best-of-breed CSM suite.
- Slow customer service response times, inefficient escalation processes, and limited channel usage leads to customer anxiety and irritation, as well as the potential for customer churn and increased cost-to-serve.
- Many firms are unsure of how to successfully leverage social channels for providing customer service.
- Effective customer service requires a customer service suite that provides escalation and resolution workflow tools, social sharing and social listening capabilities, mobile applications for both agent and user, Web self-service portals and integration with other enterprise applications, especially sales and marketing.
- Limited channel strategies are no longer sufficient. Adopt a hybrid channel strategy that involves traditional, as well as newer channels (social and mobile), in order to meet customers where they prefer to be.
- Integrate the CSM suite with all relevant service channels, as well as marketing and sales (CRM) apps, in order to fully optimize its value for the business.
- The growing popularity of social and mobile channels is leading to an increased volume of interactions. Vendors are quickly becoming wise to the trend and adding robust social and mobile features to their offerings.
Impact and Result
- Understand the benefits of using a standalone CSM platform, as well as identify customer service best practices in order to implement a successful CSM deployment.
- Plan for and select a CSM platform that supports your product portfolio, customer segments, and service interaction channel mix.
- Save time and money by using Info-Tech’s Vendor Landscape to compare and contrast the major CSM vendors, and then create a shortlist of the most appropriate vendors.
- Use Info-Tech’s CSM Platform RFP Template, RFP Scoring Tool and Demo Script to gather vendor and product information, objectively score the responses, and conduct vendor demonstrations, in order to select the right product.
- RedWing Shoes
- Laclede Gas
- Spillman Technologies
- Metal West
- 4 Anonymous Contributors
Get the Complete Storyboard
See how all the steps you need to take come together, with tools and advice to help with each task on your list.Download Now
Get to Action
Assess the need for a CSM Platform and narrow down a list of CSM vendors
Create a strong list of vendor candidates.
Compare leading vendors and develop a shortlist
Narrow the leading vendors down to the most appropriate few.
Contrast and evaluate a shortlist of vendors
Select the right CSM Platform vendor.
Develop a Web Experience Management Strategy
Select and Implement a Web Experience Management Solution
Support Enterprise Marketing with World-Class IT
Develop an IT Strategy to Support Sales
Develop an IT Strategy to Support Customer Service
Build a Strong Technology Foundation for Customer Experience Management
Select and Implement a Customer Service Management Solution
Select and Implement a Customer Relationship Management Platform
Select and Implement a Marketing Management Suite
Vendor Landscape: Social Media Management Platforms
Build a Customer Relationship Management Strategy
Design a Service Strategy that Keeps Pace with Customers
Design a Field Service Automation Strategy
Design a Customer Service Knowledge Management Strategy
Implement a Social Media Program
Optimize Social Media Strategy by Service
Leverage Social Media for Enhanced Customer Interaction
Gain Real Insights with a Social Analytics Program
Vendor Landscape: Lead Management Automation
Vendor Landscape: Email Marketing Solutions
Vendor Landscape: Retail Point of Sale (POS) Solutions
Vendor Landscape: Field Service Automation
Vendor Landscape: Customer Service Knowledge Management Suites
Make Smart Decisions Using an Accessible Customer Intelligence Strategy
Enable Omnichannel Commerce that Delights Your Customers
Select and Implement a Social Media Management Platform
Optimize Your CRM Platform