RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
- Mobile proliferation has created costly fragmentation. iOS, Android, BlackBerry, and Windows Phone are all popular with consumers.
- This poses a challenge for developers: they’re forced to choose between selecting one platform for development or investing in costly parallel development efforts.
- Mobile Development Platform (MDP) vendors help solve the conundrum of fragmentation by providing solutions that allow developers to "code once, deploy many" to multiple mobile platforms.
- Organizations that are heavily involved in mobile app development should adopt an MDP to allow them to reach the largest possible app market at the lowest possible cost.
- MDP feature sets are highly commoditized, with pricing and vendor attributes forming more relevant selection criteria.
Impact and Result
- Understand the features and business benefits of using an MDP to support mobile development efforts.
- Determine functional requirements based on organizational needs to focus product evaluation on the right criteria.
- Understand the current state of the MDP market to evaluate and select a vendor that best meets the organization’s requirements.
1. Evaluate MDP vendors and available solutions
Understand the MDP market, the players, and their products.
2. Compare leading vendors and develop a shortlist
Narrow down the leading vendors to the most appropriate few.
Talk to an Analyst
Our analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
Book an Analyst Call on this topic.
You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
Get advice from a subject matter expert.
Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.