THIS CONTENT IS OUT OF DATEThis content is retired but we have related up-to-date content below.
- Increased virtualization requirements signify new challenges for meeting restore objectives while keeping costs down.
- A mobile workforce means that more and more critical data is being stored on laptops, desktops, and mobile devices. Some vendors now provide advanced features for administrators to protect and manage this data.
- Data sprawl has made it essential for solutions to efficiently manage and reduce data when possible, with compression and data deduplication technology.
- If the Cloud is part of your plans, be sure that your backup provider works with a vendor-provided or third-party platform that meets your needs.
- Carefully consider your Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) and Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) and realistically evaluate what you can afford.
- As the market matures, vendors begin to differentiate themselves by accommodating variable client scenarios and providing a variety of pricing options.
Impact and Result
- Avoid overpaying for unnecessary advanced features. Buy according to enterprise requirements and existing investments.
- Backup solutions need to accommodate future data requirements as well as probable infrastructure changes. Fit the solution into your long-term data management strategy.
Talk to an Analyst
Our analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
Book an Analyst Call on this topic.
You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
Get advice from a subject matter expert.
Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.