RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
- Emerson Network Power/Liebert
- The decision regarding cooling for the data center is important, as the cooling unit protects the critical environment from disturbances and failures.
- Cooling the data center can amount to approximately 50% of the operating cost in the data center, making efficiency and reliability of cooling units more important than ever.
- Organizations have continued to implement blade server technology and virtualization, creating higher density racks in the data center, making precision cooling a necessity.
- In the past, data centers were flooded with cold air that rose from the floor to the ceilings, cooling the contents of the entire room. This method has given way to more efficient and targeted approaches that aim at cooling only the servers at the rack and row levels.
- Precision cooling solutions should not be assessed on table stakes; when the table stakes are all you need, enterprises should differentiate on price, scalability, and vendor support.
- The data center precision cooling market is made up of long-term viable players with traditional cooling solutions, and cutting edge vendors with unique and innovative products
Impact and Result
- Understand what’s new in the data center precision cooling market.
- Evaluate data center precision cooling vendors and products for your enterprise needs.
- Determine which products are most appropriate for particular use cases and scenarios.
1. Evaluate data center precision cooling vendors and available solutions
Understand the precision cooling market, the players, and their products.
2. Identify the solutions that best fit enterprise needs
Develop a customized shortlist to speed solution selection.
Talk to an Analyst
Our analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
Book an Analyst Call on this topic.
You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
Get advice from a subject matter expert.
Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.