THIS CONTENT IS OUT OF DATEThis content is retired but we have related up-to-date content below.
- Large enterprises are looking for a solution to manage their private, public, or hybrid cloud environment.
- Hosted service providers are looking to establish a foundation for providing cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) to enterprise clients.
- Any organization has potential to bolster their infrastructure automation capabilities, bringing cloud-like management to multiple pools of consolidated and virtualized infrastructure.
- Many Options in a Still Nascent Market: Interest in the cloud space is heating up, bringing ample venture capital and a flood of entrants to the market. Consider your level of risk tolerance and longer term vendor viability when selecting a solution.
- OpenStack a Very Rough Diamond: Open-source options such as OpenStack seem attractive at first glance, but caution is warranted when deciding on their applicability for each specific organization. This is the beginning of a solution requiring additional finishing work. Implementation delays and cost overruns are a risk here.
- Elegant Offerings Beginning to Emerge: Core elements such as elastic self-service provisioning, as well as an array of management tools, are effectively provided by most vendors. Key differentiators to look for when selecting a platform include features boosting ease-of-use and architectures providing solution flexibility.
Impact and Result
- Understand what’s new in the CMP market.
- Evaluate prominent and trend-setting vendors and products against your enterprise needs.
- Determine which products are most appropriate for particular use cases and scenarios.
This guided implementation is a three call advisory process.
Call #1 - Shortlist Assistance and Requirements
Discuss the market space and how vendors are evaluated. Decide on which deployment option suits you best and narrow down the options based on customized requirements.
Call #2 - RFP and Budget Review
Review vendors’ RFPs and ensure the solution is meeting your needs. Discuss average solution pricing and what can fit into your budget.
Call #3 - Negotiation and Contract Review
Review contracts and discuss best practices in negotiation tactics to get the best price for your solution.