Turn Power Users into Technology Champions
Team up with tech-savvy business users to make IT a business enabler.
- An increasing number of tech-savvy business end users are circumventing IT protocols by procuring personal applications for work purposes.
- IT initiatives have low organizational buy-in because projects don’t adequately meet the needs of end users.
- IT faces financial constraints which make it difficult to effectively support and train business end users on new programs and applications.
- Leveraging the knowledge and skills of power users increases IT innovation, lowers training costs, and relieves some of IT’s support burden.
- An open flow of communication between IT and end users helps IT become more closely aligned with business needs.
- IT can increase organizational buy-in with the identification of technology champions who evangelize for the adoption of IT initiatives.
Impact and Result
- Identify and effectively communicate with business power users.
- Implement IT initiatives based on user need.
- Establish technology champions to increase IT/business alignment.
Establish innovators and evangelists
Identify business power users and technology champions to advance IT's innovativeness and reach.
Identify technology champions
Assess the non-technical skills of your business users to find your technology champions.