Turn Power Users into Technology Champions
Team up with tech-savvy business users to make IT a business enabler.
Send a friend or colleague a link to this article
- An increasing number of tech-savvy business end users are circumventing IT protocols by procuring personal applications for work purposes.
- IT initiatives have low organizational buy-in because projects don’t adequately meet the needs of end users.
- IT faces financial constraints which make it difficult to effectively support and train business end users on new programs and applications.
- Leveraging the knowledge and skills of power users increases IT innovation, lowers training costs, and relieves some of IT’s support burden.
- An open flow of communication between IT and end users helps IT become more closely aligned with business needs.
- IT can increase organizational buy-in with the identification of technology champions who evangelize for the adoption of IT initiatives.
Impact and Result
- Identify and effectively communicate with business power users.
- Implement IT initiatives based on user need.
- Establish technology champions to increase IT/business alignment.
- The City of Boulder
- Hyatt Hotels Corporation
- University System Georgia
- Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Independence First
- Devon Kerr, IT Director, Peckar & Abramson
- Andritz Group
Get the Complete Storyboard
See how all the steps you need to take come together, with tools and advice to help with each task on your list.Download Now
Get to Action
Establish innovators and evangelists
Identify business power users and technology champions to advance IT's innovativeness and reach.
Identify technology champions
Assess the non-technical skills of your business users to find your technology champions.
Improve Value & Mitigate Risk through IT Governance
Establish an Effective IT Steering Committee
Make IT a Partner in Successful M&A Due Diligence
Develop Successful Strategies for Budget Planning, Proposal, and Negotiation
Plan for Application Consolidation
Define an IT Strategy and Roadmap
Covertly Establish a Business-Centric, Value-Driven EA Capability
Build a Business-Driven IT Risk Management Program
Create a Corporate Personal Cloud Vision in Two Days
Implement and Optimize Application Integration Governance
Make the Case for the Hybrid IT Operating Model
Develop a Position on Cloud Platform as a Service
Develop a Cloud Testing Strategy for Today's Apps
Develop a Cloud Consumption Strategy
Manage the Application Lifecycle
Prepare for a Successful IT Strategy
Optimize Security Operations without Overspending
Cut PCI Compliance and Audit Costs in Half
Establish an Effective System of Internal IT Controls to Mitigate Risks
Create a Cloud-Enabled IT Organization
Establish an Effective PMO for IT
Transfer IT Knowledge Before It’s Gone
Build a Strong Approach to Business Requirements Gathering
Take a Portfolio Approach to Policy Management
Survive an Impending Audit
Align IT with the Real End Customer
Establish the Benefits Realization Process
Focus on Project Management Essentials
Tailor an IT Governance Plan to Fit Organizational Needs
Craft a Cloud Strategy for the Enterprise Database
Move Email to the Cloud
Adopt 10 Universal Enterprise Architecture Principles
Develop a Cloud Storage Strategy
Use IT Metrics for Accountability and Success
Optimize IT Decision-Making
Navigate the IT Stakeholder Landscape
Get IT in Line with Organizational Needs
Build a Culture of IT Innovation
Institutionalize Innovation through IT
Create an IT Sourcing Strategy
Choose a Consumerization Strategy
Take Control of Compliance Improvement to Conquer Every Audit
Inspire an IT-Led Revolution
Make IT a Successful Partner in M&A Integration
2016 CIO Trend Report
Create a Customer-Centric Digital Strategy
Revive Your Risk Management Program With a Regular Health Check
Comply with the Security Requirements of HIPAA or SOX
Simplify and Optimize Your IT Operating Model
Successfully Manage Shadow IT
Create a Comprehensive Digital Operating Model
TL;DR? Simplify Your IT Policies
Become a Transformational CIO