- Chuck Hobart, VMC
- Justin Johnson, Kansas City Chiefs Football Club
- Arvind Aggarwal PMP, Dexter Solutions Inc.
- Scott Rodgers, New Zealand Department Of Internal Affairs
- Augustine Amusu, HCA International Limited
- Carol Wozney, Corix Group of Companies
- Derek Boutang, Pembina Trails School District
- Whether you are a small, medium or large enterprise, working with metrics can be daunting for the Infrastructure Manager, with hundreds of metrics available to choose from.
- Metrics reports are often in conflict, putting the data in question, and furthering resistance to investing time in metrics.
- Without a reliable metrics framework, it’s impossible to trust the data when it comes to capacity management and planning decisions.
- Complaints about metrics are often rooted in managers wading through too many individual metrics, wrong metrics, or data they simply can’t trust.
- Metrics pitfalls such as selective and biased reporting can undermine a metrics program and render the data meaningless.
- Organizations of all sizes are finding ways to use metrics effectively for everything from capacity planning to solving customer service issues to troubleshooting system failures.
Impact and Result
- Identify the metrics that serve a real purpose, and eliminate the rest.
- Establish a formal review process to ensure metrics are still valid, continue to provide the answers needed, and are at a manageable and usable level.
- Incorporate metrics analysis as key factors in capacity management and planning reviews.
Talk to an Analyst
Our analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
Book an Analyst Call on this topic.
You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
Get advice from a subject matter expert.
Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.