Use IT Metrics for Accountability and Success
Know where you stand before others do. Metrics are an IT staple.
Send a friend or colleague a link to this article
Top-Level Budgeting Metrics
|Metric||Your Metric||Peer Median||Result|
|Operational Budget as a Percentage of Revenue||Take Metric||1.56%|
|Capital Budget as a Percentage of Revenue||Take Metric||0.42%|
|Operational Budget to IT Staff||Take Metric||$162,500.00|
|Capital Budget to IT Staff||Take Metric||$47,555.51|
|Operational Budget Growth||Take Metric||2.00%|
|Capital Budget Growth||Take Metric||1.00%|
- IT managers constantly need to justify their staffing and spending levels and strive to improve IT efficiency.
- When assessing comparative benchmarks, it is hard to know which metrics to start with.
- This solution set will help you understand and pick the appropriate comparative benchmarks to justify your staffing and spending, improve IT operations, and demonstrate value to the business.
- Often enterprises will attempt to do too much at once, and end up with a monstrous metrics program that becomes too unwieldy to maintain.
- It’s ok to start small, even if you are a big company. We can get you rolling in less than an hour with our tools, templates, and advice.
Impact and Result
- Utilize a selection and reporting tool that does the work for you.
- Gain confidence in your ability to initiate a metrics program for your IT shop.
- MeasureIT program provides instant access to custom benchmarking reports.
Get the Complete Storyboard
See how all the steps you need to take come together, with tools and advice to help with each task on your list.Download Now
Get to Action
Understand the budget & staffing benchmarks appropriate for my business
Get a handle on IT metrics and how they benefit IT and the business
Plan my IT metrics program
Put together a realistic IT metrics plan
Learn how to interpret metrics and demonstrate IT value
Understand and strategize for the integration of metrics into IT
Effectively communicate IT metrics internally and to the business
Tell the right story to the business - help the business understand the value of IT