Extend SharePoint to Overcome Key Challenges
Third-party products for administration, content management, mobile, and social address common use-case challenges.
- SharePoint is widely deployed and can serve many functions, but its size challenges its optimal use.
- The potential uses of SharePoint make getting the most out of a deployment problematic. Many clients struggle with determining where they should begin.
- The variety of available vendors makes deciding on how to proceed difficult, even when the key problems of SharePoint are defined.
- SharePoint 2010 has alleviated many of the core technical concerns with SharePoint 2007, but the problems of sprawl and user adoption remain.
- Successful SharePoint deployments utilize third-party vendors to mitigate its problems.
- Each deployment of SharePoint is unique and needs to be customized; however, the number of different solutions that are needed can be managed easily.
Impact and Result
- Define SharePoint’s most common challenges and the SharePoint functions that cause them.
- Understand the five most common issues: content management, workflow, administration, mobile, and social.
- Define the third-party vendors and their offerings in the context of each problem.
Optimize my current SharePoint deployment
Extend SharePoint to overcome challenges.
Identify the processes and add-ons that will extend the function of my SharePoint deployment
A prioritized list of technical features to focus on in my SharePoint deployment.