Catch the Microsoft Office 2013 Productivity Wave
Surf the entire wave or wait for the next.
Send a friend or colleague a link to this article
- Microsoft’s latest update, Office 2013, presents organizations with some decisions to make. Organizations must assess if they want to update and when they should, as well as determining between an upgrade to an on-premise or cloud-based solution.
- With the emphasis on the cloud version, Office 365, the future update schedule of Microsoft is being questioned. The typical three year wait period might not be a reliable benchmark, so organizations that are considering waiting for 2016 should still evaluate their options.
- This solution set will allow organizations to determine the most appropriate course of action for upgrading their office productivity suite.
- Organizations using Microsoft 2003 or 2007 should strongly consider upgrading. No organization should upgrade to 2007 or 2010. Microsoft 2010 users should wait before upgrading.
- Organizations not upgrading should prioritize moving power users to Office 365 to ensure that knowledge workers have the tools that they need.
- Ensure that all of your management tools are on the same platform (either all Cloud or all on-premise) to maximize your investment in 2013.
Impact and Result
- Discover the new packages that Microsoft has created for its 2013 offerings.
- Understand the improvements and challenges you’ll find in the updated applications.
- Learn about the impact that Office 365 will have on mobile users and how organizations can leverage this feature.
- Get an upgrade path which tells organizations when they should upgrade and to what product.
- The FourSquare Church
- Christchurch City Council
- Safe Horizon Inc.
- Teen Challenge Canada
- Advance Finance Group
- Goodlife Fitness
- MIT Lincoln Laboratory
- Grace Kennedy Inc.
- Bucks County Community Challenge
- Times Publishing Company Inc. (Erie PA division)
Get the Complete Storyboard
See how all the steps you need to take come together, with tools and advice to help with each task on your list.Download Now
Get to Action
Evaluate if the organization should update to the new Microsoft
Make the decision to upgrade or not and prepare for the transition.
Understand the organizational requirements needed before an update
Create a roadmap of update requirements to be addressed.
Decide whether the organization will see more benefit from an investment in on-premise or Cloud
Understand how Office licenses have changed in 2013.