Build a Culture of IT Innovation
Enable IT innovation to achieve business goals.
- In turbulent economic times, organizations are increasingly looking for innovative ideas to drive top line growth or to take out cost.
- Effective IT leaders with a holistic view of the enterprise and knowledge of enabling technologies can establish themselves as visionary solution architects.
- However, IT is rarely seen in that role and is often expected to simply deliver more, faster, and with fewer resources.
- This solution set provides guidance and suggestions to establish an environment and reputation for innovation in your organization.
- Info-Tech identifies six key cultural preconditions for successful innovation in IT. IT leaders who want to spur innovation can save time and money by focusing on these six drivers of innovation success.
- Business buy-in
- Time and resources for innovation
- IT awareness of business strategy
- Diversity of experience
- Idea exchange
- Recognition of IT innovators
- Real innovation success means that IT helps the business achieve its strategic goals. Avoid the ‘black box’ approach to IT innovation, and get buy-in from the business.
- Achieving innovation success does not have to be expensive. Info-Tech recommends specific steps to achieve each cultural precondition, and many of the steps have only minimal cost for the IT department.
Impact and Result
- Your entire team will be looking for opportunities for innovative growth or cost savings.
- Rather than becoming worried and concerned over business uncertainties, staff will become more engaged with company success.
- Innovation will not be left to chance – increase the likelihood of surfacing new ideas and opportunities.
Measure the cost of closing cultural gaps and plan an innovation roadmap
Improve IT innovation success as cost-effectively as possible.