Knowing the right metrics to measure for new and existing EAs is incredibly valuable in driving proper decision making. Make sure they support the strategic priorities of IT and the business to maintain their purpose and alignment.
- EA metrics are often based generically on what are considered to be standard measurements. Many EAs measure what they feel is most common to their role or industry but do not align the metrics to their current strategic priorities and what keeps them up at night.
- EAs focus on measuring technology performance without aligning them to organizational goals. Most EAs still miss the opportunity to develop their metrics in the context of business service outcomes, creating a situation where business sees no value in IT metrics.
- EA metrics are often not appropriate to their need and lead to poor decisions in critical areas. Poorly chosen or generic metrics drive poor decisions that can have negative and lasting impacts to the business due to the growing criticality of IT in business success.
- Our research enables EAs to identify and track the metrics that best align to their strategic priorities, so that they have immediate value.
- We make sure that the approach to refining and adjusting metrics is dynamic and active, ensuring that shifts in priorities driven by technology are always represented in what is measured.
- Our program ensures your metrics will always be structured to provide decisions that lead to traceable and actionable outcomes.
- We identify some core high-level EA metrics, associated to different strategic priorities, to reduce your time to value.
Talk to our analyst about this research
Be recognized for your expertise! Participate in an expert interview with one of our analysts and we will acknowledge your contribution in an upcoming publication.
Each interview lasts approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour and provides you with the opportunity to share your best practices, opinions, tools or templates with your peers.