Ensure Service Delivery with Systems Management
Dump the bottom-up approach to systems management, and manage services for success.
RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
- Systems management plays a critical role in service delivery, but many enterprises either don’t do it or take a bottom-up technical approach.
- Failing to take a service approach to systems management leaves IT exposed to service delivery failures and potential finger pointing when the technical staff try to isolate an issue.
- This solution set will help you assess your current systems management environment, business needs, and create a plan to move to service-centric systems management.
- A solid systems management strategy can deliver on service availability, performance and capacity business needs if approached from the top down rather than as a technologist's tool.
- Service-focused systems management tools can take the burden off IT and move it to business stakeholders, empowering them to manage delivery without crossing swords with the technologists.
Impact and Result
- Improve service delivery by sharpening your systems management strategy.
- Save money by taking a top-down service delivery approach to systems management tools and only buy those you need.
- Identify capacity needs at the right time to meet business needs, and avoid over-investing in capacity.
Ensure service delivery with systems management.
Obtain reliable systems operation and performance.
Assess systems management needs.
Close gaps in service reliability and performance.