CIOs that drive IT-led business innovation need to effectively pivot an assessment of their innovation capabilities and set in motion a transformation to a sustained innovation program. Otherwise, they risk innovations that fade quickly, leading to business dissatisfaction.
- Assessing innovation capabilities – do it quick and often. Getting a quick and frequent read on innovation capabilities is the basis to drive sustained innovation.
- Don’t continuously innovate without means to harvest re-use. Innovation project deliverables must be leveraged to reap the benefits of re-use or risk being “one-shot wonders.”
- Translate innovation to improved services. Create an innovation program that underpins business service improvements with strong improvements in IT services.
- Assess aggressively. Info-Tech’s easy-to-use template for assessing IT’s innovation capabilities identifies competency gaps to fill and areas of strengths to leverage to position the CIO to be a strategic change catalyst.
- Just enough architecture. Translate prototyping initiatives into a foundation for future change through “just enough architecture” with our enterprise architecture methodology.
- Become a business innovation partner. Use Into-Tech’s innovation program tool that leverages enhanced governance, service management maturity, and organization change toolsets that position IT to be a proactive business innovation partner.
Talk to our analyst about this research
Be recognized for your expertise! Participate in an expert interview with one of our analysts and we will acknowledge your contribution in an upcoming publication.
Each interview lasts approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour and provides you with the opportunity to share your best practices, opinions, tools or templates with your peers.