Develop a Unified Communications Strategy
Put the business first when evaluating UC.
- With the shift to IP communications, more organizations are identifying opportunities to enhance collaboration with UC.
- However, IT leaders who are helping the organization develop its UC strategy are bombarded with mixed and conflicting messages from vendors.
- This solution set will bring focus to the key UC opportunities and challenges that you must consider and help you find the path to success.
- IT best understands the technologies involved, but UC is fundamentally a business opportunity. Successful implementers involve key business stakeholders early in planning.
- Listen to your users – if you don’t understand the real communications barriers and bottlenecks facing business users, you won’t be prepared to devise and deliver a better solution.
Impact and Result
- Successfully communicate the long term opportunities and benefits of a UC strategy that tightly integrates business communications with key applications and processes.
- Align IT and business resources towards common goals of more efficient communications, increased distributed team collaboration, and reduced business travel.
Communicate the UC opportunity.
Set a common understanding of UC vision and objectives.
Identify potential challenges.
Mitigate key risks associated with an ambitious UC strategy.
Move the UC initiative forward.
Gain the executive and user buy-in required to get to the next step.