Protecting organizations from cyber threats takes consistent collaboration between Security Operations, Incident Response, Vulnerability Management, and Threat Intelligence functions. Tabletop exercises are an effective tool used to prepare for the next cyber threat.
- Security operations and incident response manage events and incidents. Security operations and incident response is no longer a center, but a process. The need for a physical security hub has evolved into the fusion of prevention, detection, analysis, and response efforts.
- Vulnerability management protects organizational assets from vulnerabilities. Vulnerability management includes identifying and assessing the risk of the vulnerability, selecting a remediation option, and active collaboration with various stakeholders.
- Threat intelligence provides indications and warning of the next threat. A successful threat intelligence program contextualizes threat data, aligns intelligence with business objectives, and shares intelligence with core teams to increase an organization’s situational awareness.
- Our limited scope tabletop exercise will help our members implement a critical tool used to ensure core teams are prepared to collaborate in an environment designed to protect the organization from cyber threats.
- Our program will enhance the fusion of Security Operations, Incident Response, Vulnerability Management, and Threat Intelligence functions as they perform daily prevention, detection, analysis, and response activities.
- Our limited scope tabletop exercise can be used by our members to implement their own tabletop capability providing a framework to build upon for future attack simulations.
Talk to our analyst about this research
Be recognized for your expertise! Participate in an expert interview with one of our analysts and we will acknowledge your contribution in an upcoming publication.
Each interview lasts approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour and provides you with the opportunity to share your best practices, opinions, tools or templates with your peers.