- Alan Page, Principal Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), Microsoft Corporation
- Brian Leroux, Principal Product Manager, PhoneGap (Adobe)
- Steve McConnell, CEO & Chief Software Engineer, Construx Software
- Natalia Juristo, Software Engineering Professor, Facultad de Informática - UPM
- Kristen Morton, Associate Implementation Architect, OneShield Inc
- Mercedes Ruiz Carreira, Grupo de Investigación en Mejora del Proceso Software y Métodos Formales (SPI&FM), Departamento de Ingeniería Informática, Universidad de Cádiz
- Antonia Bertolino, Researcher of CNR, Software Testing & Dependable Computing (SEDC) Research Laboratory at ISTI – Istituto di Scienza e Technologie dell’Informazione
- Sreekanth Singaraju, VP of Solution Engineering, Alliance Global Services
- IT organizations struggle to implement a properly managed test program which improves the quality of the software.
- A lack of understanding for business objectives impedes the tester’s ability to test effectively and efficiently, resulting in a position of testing without a real purpose.
- Aim for optimization to improve test effectiveness and efficiency. Improve the quality of your software by progressing through a series of test process areas to mature your test processes to an optimized state.
- Your software testing capabilities will not improve with an ad hoc approach. You need a roadmap for improvement that is based on a proven framework.
Impact and Result
- Identify where your current test capabilities stand based on Info-Tech’s testing maturity framework.
- Build comprehensive test processes which provide structure to your test activities. Progress through the test processes in a developmental approach where higher level test processes build upon experiences from lower level processes.
- Involve business stakeholders as part of your project to ensure that the important components of the software under test is accounted for.
This guided implementation is a nine call advisory process.
Guided Implementation #1 - Create a baseline for your testing
Call #1 - Review your test strategy.
Call #2 - Review your test plan.
Call #3 - Review your implementation and execution of testing.
Call #4 - Review your test monitoring initiatives.
Guided Implementation #2 - Formalize your testing processes
Call #1 - Review your test resource strategy.
Call #2 - Review your test training program.
Guided Implementation #3 - Optimize your testing for continuous improvement
Call #1 - Review your test measurement program.
Call #2 - Review your defect prevention program.
Call #3 - Review your continuous improvement practices.
Book Your Workshop
Onsite workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost onsite delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: Create a Baseline for Your Testing
- Create a test strategy.
- Create a test plan.
- Develop a common set of procedures for testers.
- Create test controls and monitoring.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Full preparations made for test execution, and a mitigation strategy developed to address project execution risks.
Develop your test strategy.
- Test Strategy
- Test Process Diagram
Develop a test plan to determine your test activities.
- Test Plan Started
Implement & execute testing based on planned objectives.
- Test Procedure Document
- Traceability Matrix
Monitor & control testing to minimize test deviation.
- Refine Test Procedure
- Refine Traceability Matrix
Module 2: Formalize Your Testing Processes
- Create lessons learned activities.
- Develop master test plan.
- Create test training program.
- Implement peer reviews.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Test group identified and appropriately utilized for specific test areas for their expertise.
Establish a test group to increase test effectiveness and efficiency.
- Refine Test Plan
- Test Process Repository
- Test Evaluation Report
Develop a test training program to increase test expertise.
- Peer Review Report
- Communication and Training Plan
Module 3: Optimize Your Testing for Continuous Improvement
- Implement test measurement program.
- Create defect prevention program.
- Focus on continuous improvement.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Develop a foundation for continuous improvement in testing activities.
- Establish appropriate metrics to measure test effectiveness and efficiency.
Develop a test measurement program to measure your test performance.
- Test Analysis Report
Develop a defect prevention program to minimize software risk.
- Refine Test Analysis Report
Develop continuous improvement practices to enhance testing on an ongoing basis.
- Continuous Improvement Plan