Develop a Fit-For-Purpose Modernization Process For Legacy Applications
Nearly every organization is facing the risks associated with maintaining legacy systems. Organizations are feeling the pressure to modernize from various perspectives.
It’s not a matter of “if,” but rather a matter of “when” to modernize your applications.
- A clear approach to application modernization is necessary. Most organizations lack a clear strategy for retiring legacy applications and continue to spend most of their budgets on just keeping the lights on (Capgemini).
- Operational costs are out of control. 80% of the IT budget is spent on support of existing complex systems (ciodive).
- Legacy applications are on the rise. 48% of organizations believe there are more applications than the business requires (Capgemini).
- Conduct your cost-benefit analysis for modernization feasibility. Gather a holistic view of your current application landscape to determine if a modernization of our applications is worthwhile for your organization.
- Determine your modernization requirements. Follow Info-Tech’s approach to understanding your criteria and method for modernization. This evaluation will include assessing your current technical capabilities, available resourcing, and what processes/tools can be leveraged.
- Determine your modernization process. Our program walks you through the process of determining how to approach your modernization initiative based on your needs. Our approach will help identify if a vendor will be needed, an in-house modernization effort, or a hybrid approach.
Talk to our analyst about this Research
Be recognized for your expertise! Participate in an expert interview with one of our analysts and we will showcase your contribution on our upcoming Info-Tech Client Hall Of Fame.
Each interview lasts approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour and provides you with the opportunity to share your best practices, opinions, tools or templates with your peers.