- Recognition is often viewed as an implied state – “my employees know I appreciate them.”
- Even though it doesn’t take much time to send someone a brief thank you, managers feel that it’s time taken away from productive work.
- Peers don’t really consider the importance of saying "thank you" to their teammates.
- Recognition is often put on the back burner for “more important tasks.”
Recognition is a significant employee engagement driver. For every 10% increase in recognition:
- The engagement score increases by 3.6%.
- The performance commitment score increases by 4.7%.
- The intent to stay score increases by 10%.
Impact and Result
- To realize the benefits of recognition, and maintain them, you need to create a culture of recognition within your IT department.
- Empower your staff and managers to recognize one another on an ad hoc basis in order to ingrain the notion of appreciation.
- Make recognition a part of the day-to-day operations of your IT department.
- Lead by example; make sure you take time to recognize your staff in meaningful, consistent, and personalized ways.
This guided implementation is a six call advisory process.
Guided Implementation #1 - Launch the recognition project
Call #1 - Make the case for recognition.
Call #2 - Launch recognition project.
Guided Implementation #2 - Plan the recognition program
Call #1 - Plan your program.
Call #2 - Determine desired behaviors.
Guided Implementation #3 - Implement the recognition program
Call #1 - Communicate plan.
Call #2 - Implement personalized tactics.
Book Your Workshop
Onsite workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost onsite delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: Build Your Recognition Program
- Understand the keys to a successful recognition program.
- Identify pains related to recognition and define tactics to mitigate these pains.
- Define key behaviors to recognize.
- Determine right-sized recognition tactics to recognize positive behaviors.
- Build recognition toolkits to make recognition easy.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Defined program vision statement.
- Identified metrics.
- Clearly defined behaviors that you will recognize.
- Determined recognition tactics.
- A personalized recognition toolkit to provide to management.
Identify recognition characteristics.
Identify current pains.
Build recognition vision statement.
- Recognition Vision Statement
Analyze current state.
Define key metrics.
- Program Metrics
Determine recognition behaviors.
- Recognition Handbook
Build recognition toolkit.
- Recognition Toolkit