THIS CONTENT IS OUT OF DATEThis content is retired but we have related up-to-date content below.
On average, it takes new leaders 20-26 weeks to get to full productivity – cut that time in half using Info-Tech’s 100-day action plan methodology. Hit the ground running by using best practices to build credibility and set a clear course of action for the future.
Common Pitfalls to Avoid:
- Biting off more than you can chew. Create a realistic plan for what you can achieve in the first 100 days. Once you lose credibility, it’s hard to get it back.
- Failure to baseline current health. Develop a clear understanding on current IT performance by measuring satisfaction and engagement at the onset and identifying your target goals. Without this data you won’t be able to objectively communicate your impact in your first year.
- No clear outcomes for your 100 days. At the end of your first 100 days you need to be able to demonstrate progress and a clear plan forward. Define the outcomes at the onset, execute quick wins, and have a plan to communicate recommendations.
- Within your first two weeks, customize a visual 100-day plan for executives and IT staff outlining what you will be working on in your first 100 days. This plan will highlight all of the key steps, activities, and deliverables which you will execute, and serve as a mechanism to keep stakeholders up to date throughout the 100 days.
- Create an organizational catalog by leveraging the Info-Tech diagnostics and exercises to complete one-page department profiles. Each will contain critical diagnostic results, departmental priorities and initiatives, and top stakeholder suggestions for IT improvement.
- Develop a forward-looking action report to share with executives and staff which outlines the key findings learned through your analysis including your statement of intent as CIO, identification of key improvement opportunities, quick and long-term bets, as well as IT success metrics.
- Get the support you need for success as a new CIO by working with your executive advisor to build your custom engagement plan. Identify and schedule key analyst calls and access critical content to fast-track your action report recommendations.
Talk to our analyst about this research
Be recognized for your expertise! Participate in an expert interview with one of our analysts and we will acknowledge your contribution in an upcoming publication.
Each interview lasts approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour and provides you with the opportunity to share your best practices, opinions, tools or templates with your peers.