Michael Bolton - Software Testing Expert - Developsense.com
- Automating functional testing can improve software quality for the right shop.
- The cost of automation tools and ongoing maintenance can outweigh the benefits.
- This solution set will help you identify whether functional testing automation is right for your team.
- Automating functional testing improves quality, but does not replace the need for testers or reduce quantifiable development costs.
- Functional testing can be done without automation tools. In fact, 56% of shops polled don't automate testing and of those, 65% have no interest in doing so.
- Don't blame failure on the tools. Client's reported that even the top of the line testing tools require high configuration and test case maintenance.
Impact and Result
- Avoid wasted efforts on automation by learning whether your team and application portfolio is a good fit for the team.
- Get a head start on building a case for automation with cost estimates, ROI calculators and cases that demonstrate implementation efforts.
- Avoid potential damage to your QA process by learning about the uses and limitations of functional automation tools from your peers.
Talk to an Analyst
Our analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
Book an Analyst Call on this topic.
You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
Get advice from a subject matter expert.
Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.