Achieve Measured Value from Innovation
Prove that innovation is valuable to your organization.
Innovation is still viewed as a risky departure from the common way of doing business for many organizations. Those that do undertake innovation do so in a tentative manner that siloes innovative projects into their own stream of intake, separate from the rest of the organization’s projects. The problem is, when the going gets tough, this stream will disappear, as innovation projects often have unclear benefits before they get started.
- The IT department requires dedicated resources if they are going to innovate. Without time, resources, and scope dedicated to IT innovation, IT will be unable to produce anything substantial from its innovation process.
- Failure is not viewed as an acceptable outcome for IT projects. The issue is, sometimes innovation doesn’t work out: You win or you learn. There is benefit to having tried an experiment and learning from the results. This benefit must be recorded.
- IT must communicate the tangible results of innovation. The organization will cease to invest in IT innovation if there is no return on investment. It is, therefore, important to report on the progress of IT innovation and how the benefits impact the rest of the organization.
- Applying our innovation implementation methodology will help you plan innovation projects, acquire the necessary resources to support them, and ensure that they deliver on their expected benefit.
- Our approach guides you through the process of streamlining project intake to better include innovation projects, recording the benefit of innovation, and effectively executing on innovation once you have the support.
- This blueprint helps your organization adopt an approach to innovation that is sustainable and repeatable, and will help you – the CIO – blaze a trail toward strategic leadership.
Talk to our analyst about this Research
Be recognized for your expertise! Participate in an expert interview with one of our analysts and we will showcase your contribution on our upcoming Info-Tech Client Hall Of Fame.
Each interview lasts approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour and provides you with the opportunity to share your best practices, opinions, tools or templates with your peers.