2016 CIO Trend Report
Demonstrate proactive leadership by acknowledging and capitalizing on tomorrow’s opportunities.
Send a friend or colleague a link to this article
- Headlines about new technological advancements rapidly become stories about disruption. Sometimes the headlines become tales about the complete usurpation of an organization’s business model by savvy, technology-fueled market competition.
- It has become the CIO’s responsibility to use technology to enable business expansion and define new industry frontiers. This business demand for new technology is creating added pressure to innovate.
Impact and Result
- Where most trend reports serve as static documents containing a list of things for a CIO to worry about, Info-Tech has provided a report that focuses on presenting trends, identifying business implications, and providing material for the CIO to effectively prepare and respond.
- As opposed to providing an exhaustive list of the technologies you need to worry about, this report instead focuses, at a strategic level, on the choices a CIO must make in 2016 to cope with this ever-changing landscape.
- Ken Piddington, Chief Information Officer and Executive Advisor, MRE Consulting
- Kin Lee-Yow, VP IT, CAA South Central Ontario
Get the Complete Storyboard
See how all the steps you need to take come together, with tools and advice to help with each task on your list.Download Now
Get to Action
Start here – read the Executive Brief
Read our concise Executive Brief to learn the upcoming business and technology trends that will affect the CIO landscape in 2016, review Info-Tech’s methodology, and discover the four ways we can support you.
Discover the business strategy trends of the 2016 CIO landscape
Acknowledge and capitalize on business strategy trends for 2016 and beyond.
Discover the disruptive technology and innovation trends of the 2016 CIO landscape
Acknowledge and capitalize on disruptive technology and innovation trends for 2016 and beyond.
Discover the fact-based IT management trends of the 2016 CIO landscape
Acknowledge and capitalize on fact-based IT management trends for 2016 and beyond.
Discover the risk driven security trends of the 2016 CIO landscape
Acknowledge and capitalize on risk driven security trends for 2016 and beyond.
Create an IT Sourcing Strategy
Create a Customer-Centric Digital Strategy
Define an IT Strategy and Roadmap
Inspire an IT-Led Revolution
Align IT with the Real End Customer
Become a Transformational CIO
Make IT a Partner in Successful M&A Due Diligence
Make IT a Successful Partner in M&A Integration
Establish an Effective PMO for IT
Establish the Benefits Realization Process
Transfer IT Knowledge Before It’s Gone
Tailor an IT Governance Plan to Fit Organizational Needs
Establish an Effective System of Internal IT Controls to Mitigate Risks
Establish an Effective IT Steering Committee
2016 CIO Trend Report
Prepare for a Successful IT Strategy
Optimize IT Decision-Making
Get IT in Line with Organizational Needs
Build a Culture of IT Innovation
Use IT Metrics for Accountability and Success
Institutionalize Innovation through IT
Create a Cloud-Enabled IT Organization
Simplify and Optimize Your IT Operating Model
Create a Comprehensive Digital Operating Model